Seasons and Tourneys Cancelled?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 20, 2015
If you could afford NESCAC for another year...

haha - yup

although my daughter is looking at one.....speculation is with their endowments and her athletic/academic performance, it would end up significantly cheaper than state school

Mar 22, 2010
haha - yup

although my daughter is looking at one.....speculation is with their endowments and her athletic/academic performance, it would end up significantly cheaper than state school
Most NESCAC don't give much, if any, in the way of academic money. It would need to be financial need.

May 20, 2015
Most NESCAC don't give much, if any, in the way of academic money. It would need to be financial need.

understood.....her academics will get her in......her financial need will pave the way for a pretty good package.......divorced parents that are both teachers in the great state of Maine haha

Oct 1, 2014
USA
interesting question: If universities keep kids off-campus for the remainder of the semester, should I be expecting a pro-rated refund? Considering housing and meal plans will not be utilized.
From what I've been hearing - yes, this is happening.

Sep 29, 2014
Definitely wouldn't be traveling overseas, plus other thing to remember about colleges is most have a decent number of students form other countries also faculty travel for conferences etc, not to mention constant interactions on campus with large numbers of people going class to class. I'm not really on the panic train traveled to CT this week for work but definitely not going to any foreign countries or interacting with people that have, only tangential case I know about maybe four layers removed from me was someone who just came back from a vacation in a foreign country.

May 12, 2016
At what point do public health concerns become more important than softball games to be considered not ridiculous?
People don't seem to understand that this is being done to prevent the disease from spreading. If a healthy 20 year old gets it, they are now a carrier who can spread it to the elderly and other high risk groups, It's a highly contagious disease that has killed over 4,000 worldwide.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
People don't seem to understand that this is being done to prevent the disease from spreading. If a healthy 20 year old gets it, they are now a carrier who can spread it to the elderly and other high risk groups, It's a highly contagious disease that had killed over 4,000 worldwide.
See post #31..

May 12, 2016
Not panicking here, but you do know what exponential growth is right. This is how it started overseas as well.
US
1583971667352.png

In Italy on Feb 29 there were 1000+ cases, Skip to March 10,149 cases.
1583972057624.png

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2