Seasons and Tourneys Cancelled?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2015
At what point do public health concerns become more important than softball games to be considered not ridiculous?
When public health concerns actually follow public health advice. The cdc is not currently recommending any travel restrictions on young healthy individuals. Older or ill people are advised to not attend any large gatherings.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jun 8, 2016
We have been told to prepare to give our classes online here at OU. No decision yet as to whether it is going to happen but if I were a betting man I would bet on it happening.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
When public health concerns actually follow public health advice. The cdc is not currently recommending any travel restrictions on young healthy individuals. Older or ill people are advised to not attend any large gatherings.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
So after it becomes a full blown epidemic.

May 29, 2015
"With the health of students as well as the campus and the general community in mind, the Ivy League Presidents have decided to cancel the upcoming Ivy League Men’s and Women’s Basketball Tournaments. The League’s regular-season champions, Princeton women and Yale men, are the automatic qualifiers to the NCAA Tournaments.
Effective immediately, the League is also implementing highly-restrictive, in-venue spectator limitations for all other upcoming campus athletics events. The League is also canceling all out-of-season practices and competitions."

Does anybody else find that odd? “We’re cancelling our stuff for health and safety reasons ... but we’re sending you to play in another tournament to represent us. Good luck and don’t lick your fingers!” [quickly zips up flap on quarantine tent]

May 20, 2015
Does anybody else find that odd? “We’re cancelling our stuff for health and safety reasons ... but we’re sending you to play in another tournament to represent us. Good luck and don’t lick your fingers!” [quickly zips up flap on quarantine tent]

if i were a betting man, i'd say member schools with no chance to win didn't want to bother lol

harvard has cancelled classes, no? i think it is spreading fast in MA right now (confirmed cases doubled in a day or two i think), so that may have something to do with it.....

Dec 11, 2010
DD was supposed to student teach in Spain. Was going to leave tomorrow. In a gut wrenching decision she decided to stay in the U.S.

The cases there had been slowly increasing but it really took off within the past few days. Just tonight they closed all the schools in Madrid, she was supposed to be 50 or so miles from there so she very well would not have been able to student teach.

I have been following this pretty closely. I’m afraid its going to take off here too. I personally think there are a lot of undiagnosed cases out there.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
DD was supposed to student teach in Spain. Was going to leave tomorrow. In a gut wrenching decision she decided to stay in the U.S.

The cases there had been slowly increasing but it really took off within the past few days. Just tonight they closed all the schools in Madrid, she was supposed to be 50 or so miles from there so she very well would not have been able to student teach.

I have been following this pretty closely. I’m afraid its going to take off here too. I personally think there are a lot of undiagnosed cases out there.
Westwind! Smart move and so glad to hear your DD didn't go. Obviously young and healthy but the thought of a DD over there with it getting worse, maybe not to get home, etc. etc. was a smart move. Who knows will this will go. Nobody knows and that is the problem IMHO. We just don't know so don't risk it. Happy to hear the decision yall made and hope she can do it again in a less uncertain time.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28