Seasons and Tourneys Cancelled?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
As some schools are sadly sending their students home to study online or asking them not to return after Spring Break we are starting to get the news that various Tournaments are being cancelled and many athletic programs are being either put on hold or cancelling for the semester.

It might be helpful for planning purposes to know if your school(s) have made any announcements for this 2020 Spring season?

May 20, 2016
I heard on the radio last night NCAA DII Basketball tourny in Baltimore is doing no fans in the arena this week. I know several schools in Washington State are rolling it back as well.

While i know it is a dangerous disease it seems like it's gotten a little crazy. As of today 22 deaths have been attributed to the virus since detected in the US. Roughly 100 people die every day across america in car accidents and no one seems to be freaking out about that.

Dec 15, 2018
CT
CT just cancelled all winter sport high school state tournaments in progress (some of which are at semi-finals, like our girls' basketball team...boo). Nothing yet on spring sports.

Jun 7, 2016
Believe Amherst College announced softball was done for season, then cancelled classes, not sure how long.
Not sure of accuracy, second hand from DW who has friend, who has .....

Oct 1, 2014
USA
"With the health of students as well as the campus and the general community in mind, the Ivy League Presidents have decided to cancel the upcoming Ivy League Men’s and Women’s Basketball Tournaments. The League’s regular-season champions, Princeton women and Yale men, are the automatic qualifiers to the NCAA Tournaments.
Effective immediately, the League is also implementing highly-restrictive, in-venue spectator limitations for all other upcoming campus athletics events. The League is also canceling all out-of-season practices and competitions."

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2014
USA
Several other schools have cancelled stuff (classes and extracurriculars) just in the last couple of hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802