Season Over....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 18, 2016
Well both my DD's seasons are over. My youngest is a little easier to handle as she's 9 and still playing mostly league. My oldest's who is 13 is a but tougher to handle. It was a rough season all the way around, couldn't keep a solid 9 to have good practices and the coach was also a HS coach so scheduling enough practices was challenging to say the least.

We didn't play in enough tournaments and she experienced her first injury that set her out for a month or so.

Hitting was inconsistent but I guess that's to be expected since everything else was inconsistent too.

I'm glad this challenging year is over and super sad it wasn't the year we had envisioned. I can only hope that next season will be better.

We'll be looking for another team this Summer . Always stressful but exciting at the same time.

Sorry for the rant.

May 29, 2015
The end of the season is always bitter sweet. As your daughters get older, the end of one season just means the start of another. It may be another sport or another level of play, but it was always a few days or (if we were lucky) a few weeks off, and then back at something.

I feel your pain on the difficult season. We had many of those. But the nice part was you always knew something else was waiting once those were done.

I’m working a State Tournament this weekend, so I’ve been watching a lot of seasons come to an end the last two days. You can tell that many of these teams (players, parents, and coaches) are ready for the year to be done.

Dec 18, 2016
The end of the season is always bitter sweet. As your daughters get older, the end of one season just means the start of another. It may be another sport or another level of play, but it was always a few days or (if we were lucky) a few weeks off, and then back at something.

I feel your pain on the difficult season. We had many of those. But the nice part was you always knew something else was waiting once those were done.

I’m working a State Tournament this weekend, so I’ve been watching a lot of seasons come to an end the last two days. You can tell that many of these teams (players, parents, and coaches) are ready for the year to be done.

Yeah...we just finished our state. My daughter was picking up, since her team imploded. She had fun but she didn't finish the way she wanted, performance wise, so it's a tough one to end on. Always next year....which starts in about 30 days!

Jun 12, 2015
I have similar thoughts about the past year. We played up in 14U our last 3 tournaments and they really did well, but we had a lot tension and unpleasantness this spring due to a couple of problem parents. DH has been head coaching the past 2 years and will go back to just being a parent now. It's definitely bittersweet.

Last edited:
May 20, 2019
Our season is over as well and we are happy to be able to work on cleaning up mechanics and starting pitching lessons for the transition to 10u ball in the fall. Was a very hot tournament season this year!

May 29, 2015
^Interesting ... for Illinois, it was pretty mild most of our season. Tons and tons of rain though. It just got hot the last two weekends, and even then not as bad as it usually is.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478