scorekeeping

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 6, 2015
We usually have one parent as the designated GC operator and a second one as the backup. Coach is the third Admin, but honestly, GC is more for the parents and folks at home than for the Coach. If the Coach doesn't already know who the best hitters and best fielders are, then they aren't really paying much attention at practice. :).

not always true, we have girls that light it up hitting in practice (truth be told mostly side or front soft toss), then gets lots of Ks in games. This is part of my issue, eye test fails for situations like that. also, some girls look great in field working on specific situations, but in real time game situations, not always the case

Jun 11, 2013
Either Iscore or gamechanger for us. You do have to make sure Ipad has enough charge and be ready on really hot days if it shuts down. In rec I would use paper as we changed positions a lot.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Either Iscore or gamechanger for us. You do have to make sure Ipad has enough charge and be ready on really hot days if it shuts down. In rec I would use paper as we changed positions a lot.

I always go to games armed with a large battery pack and 2-3 gel ice packs in my cooler.

May 22, 2015
Illinois
DD's team uses either GC or a paper book. It seems like every game I attend they use GC, and coaches wife runs it most of the time. Every game I have to miss and it's driving me crazy wanting to know what's going on, they tend to use the paper score book lol.

May 1, 2018
My wife has been keeping score for me (baseball and softball) for 15+ yrs. So it's a paper book always. Little notes on the sides to give me the players batting 2-3 and such. Might have to switch over sometime when I want better stats but so far that's what I have always liked.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28