SCORE!! - Wilson ProMotion chest protectors

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
My DD recently joined a Wilson-only team. She wasn't too thrilled with the idea of having to give up her custom All-Star gear, especially if it meant using the somewhat uncomfortable Wilson Pro Stock chest. However, I found a couple of the Wilson ProMotion chest protectors on eBay (new!) for a really great price, and bought one in each of her team's primary colors. When they arrived, she tried one on, and left it on as she did her homework. She thinks they're pretty comfortable.

It's really a bummer that Wilson gave up on the ProMotion line of gear. It was really good.

May 21, 2014
buy all you can now! Lol. I was lucky enough to find one in the right size and black. Burgandy, green and royal blue seem easy to still get.

May 17, 2017
I was like a kid in a candy store last year when i found all the pro-motion gear in Red ,took me 3 web sites and a couple of weeks to get all the sizes that i needed for my dd's college team ( players choice on catchers equipment as long as its red ) She used her 5 yr old Blue pro-motion gear for travel again this year still holding up well !! It is a shame that Wilson stopped making this gear and put there label on the Louisville gear!

Feb 19, 2016
Texas
buy all you can now! Lol. I was lucky enough to find one in the right size and black. Burgandy, green and royal blue seem easy to still get.
Royal blue happens to be my daughter's favorite gear color. She's about outgrown her current legs. Are the Promotion legs that good? She's been wearing the All-Star made Under Armor Pro Legs, so I figured I'd get her All-Star, but I can find the Promotion at very reasonable (cheap) prices atm. Worth a gamble in you guys opinion?

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Royal blue happens to be my daughter's favorite gear color. She's about outgrown her current legs. Are the Promotion legs that good? She's been wearing the All-Star made Under Armor Pro Legs, so I figured I'd get her All-Star, but I can find the Promotion at very reasonable (cheap) prices atm. Worth a gamble in you guys opinion?

My DD really likes the All-Star legs, and has not actually tried the ProMotion legs. The ProMos have gotten a ton of great feedback. IMO, you can't go wrong with either one.

Feb 19, 2016
Texas
One thing I've noticed between baseball and softball leg guards is that baseball adds an extra "plate" between the knee and the thigh cap. I'm guess because the ball is smaller.?. Since she's moving out of the 14.5" shins, it looks like we'll be forced to use the baseball shins if we go with All-Star. It may be a nominal amount, but I'd hate to add any weight and especially bulk for no reason. It looks like the Pro-Motion claim to fame is that they do away with the thigh cap all together.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28