Score this play

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Runner on second, hit to SS, player out at first. Runner advances to 3rd and rounds. First throws to third, overthrow and runner scores. Is the batter credited with the RBI?

TMD

Feb 18, 2016
It’s scored a fielders choice 6-3 with an E-3, unearned run

Why a Fielder's Choice? The first play was to 1B where the batter was put out. Regarding the RBI, did the runner rounding third stop and only proceed home when the bad throw was made? I think that makes a difference (at least with NCAA scoring).

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Why a Fielder's Choice? The first play was to 1B where the batter was put out. Regarding the RBI, did the runner rounding third stop and only proceed home when the bad throw was made? I think that makes a difference (at least with NCAA scoring).

I agree...

Score this as 6-3 out, E3
No RBI. No fielders choice - the bater-run is out.

Aug 20, 2017
My apologies, if an out is made and it was other than at 1B it would be scored a fielders choice. This case the out was made at 1B so it is scored 6-3

Feb 26, 2018
But with the force at 2B and the SS choosing to throw to 1B, would that not make it a FC? Just trying to understand more of these scoring situations since I keep the book for my DD's team and I try to be as thorough and correct as possible.

Jul 15, 2015
But with the force at 2B and the SS choosing to throw to 1B, would that not make it a FC? Just trying to understand more of these scoring situations since I keep the book for my DD's team and I try to be as thorough and correct as possible.

No, the batter was thrown out. Simple scoring of 6-3. If the fielder had taken the runner at second going to third, and the batter made it to first safely then it would have been a "fielder's choice" for the batter's AB.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802