Scenic City logistics

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 23, 2014
East Jabib
Does everyone flying in for scenic city fly into Chattanooga? The flight times home are pretty early in the day. Wanted to get feedback from those who have been there before. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
You could look at McGhee Tyson (TYS) out of Knoxville. It’s about 1:30 from The Summit of Softball and Ooltewah, 1:45 from Warner and 2 hrs from the other parks. I guess it would depend on where you are staying if the extra drive is worth the extra sleep in time.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
Yeah but traffic sucks!lol!
I'd be happy to play with traffic for a $150 cheaper ticket. Also really depends on the time of day. Early morning or after rush hour the traffic wouldn't be that bad.

Speaking of traffic unless you are playing at Warner Park avoid staying along I-24. Getting to and from the I-75 area to Warner is awful.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
I'd be happy to play with traffic for a $150 cheaper ticket. Also really depends on the time of day. Early morning or after rush hour the traffic wouldn't be that bad.

Speaking of traffic unless you are playing at Warner Park avoid staying along I-24. Getting to and from the I-75 area to Warner is awful.
No doubt! I just made this same comment on another post, haha! The split is awful coming and going on both 75 and 24. We always stayed at exit 7 or 5 and prayed we played at the Summit 😂

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
No disrespect to my buddy Jdaddy and the great state of Tennessee, playing Scenic City twice was enough for me! When it came time for us to play it for a third time and I found out the exact dates, I scheduled our vacation for the Outer Banks in it's place!

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
No disrespect to my buddy Jdaddy and the great state of Tennessee, playing Scenic City twice was enough for me! When it came time for us to play it for a third time and I found out the exact dates, I scheduled our vacation for the Outer Banks in it's place!
It’s gotten so big and so spread out it’s crazy! Plenty of coaches, but I’m sure it’s a logistics nightmare getting to see all the kids who they want to see over three days. They could cut the team number in half, charge double and it be a better experience for teams and college coaches. I’m sure there are a lot of one and done teams when they get on the satellite fields only.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
It’s gotten so big and so spread out it’s crazy! Plenty of coaches, but I’m sure it’s a logistics nightmare getting to see all the kids who they want to see over three days. They could cut the team number in half, charge double and it be a better experience for teams and college coaches. I’m sure there are a lot of one and done teams when they get on the satellite fields only.
It is my favorite one. I have always loved playing in Chattanooga since 8U. Once we hit 14U we have always had tons of coaches there. Granted we have always been in the power pools except one year. 2nd year 14's they mixed us up with another team and swapped us. We played at Jack Mattox and and Ooltewah. I was shocked at the number of coaches at those two.

May 12, 2015
We went once. Never again. If your in the power pool you might get some looks but it's way too big and spread out to bother with otherwise. We get more coaches at local tournaments (showcases and invites) for 1/3 the cost.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478