Scenic City Cancelled

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

inumpire

Observer, but has an opinion
Oct 31, 2014
Just seen where Connect Sports had to cancel their Scenic City Showcase because the park department is not allowing them to use the fields in the area. Their post states everyone will get a $1275.00 credit with Connect Sport. Do teams really put up with this? I don’t want credit, I want my money back. With 150 teams that means they are keeping about $200,000 in entry fees. Not sure if this is a STP event, but don’t tell me someone isn’t making a pocket full of money here.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
What state was the event?
Dont understand hold money in these situations. Simply in this situation people have to reconfigure.

Jul 21, 2012
I was under the impression that they were going to reach out in a few days to give options on a credit/refund. I think that's why they tried so hard to make the showcase work. If the park allows them to play and you chose not to, then they are only entitled to give you a credit. If the parks don't allow them to use their facilities, then they will have to cancel the event and give refunds. Last year was a mess with all the rain, but you only had to start 2 games (might have been 2.5) in order for them not to have to refund you. Having said all that, I would be surprised if we actually get a refund. A credit doesn't help our team for the Summer either.

Apr 28, 2014
Looks like some lawyers need to set up some contracts with clear explanations of what happens to all this money in case of a canceled tournament.

Nov 5, 2014
Just seen where Connect Sports had to cancel their Scenic City Showcase because the park department is not allowing them to use the fields in the area. Their post states everyone will get a $1275.00 credit with Connect Sport. Do teams really put up with this? I don’t want credit, I want my money back. With 150 teams that means they are keeping about $200,000 in entry fees. Not sure if this is a STP event, but don’t tell me someone isn’t making a pocket full of money here.

DD wasn't scheduled to go to Scenic City but I just checked the website out of curiosity and I could not find any information about cancellation but did notice they seemed to reschedule for August 6-9.

Jul 21, 2012
DD wasn't scheduled to go to Scenic City but I just checked the website out of curiosity and I could not find any information about cancellation but did notice they seemed to reschedule for August 6-9.

They actually moved "Scenic City Summer" to August last week before it was cancelled and changed the original Scenic City June 4-7, to "Scenic City Virtual". There have been lots of changes and lives to this Showcase. :ROFLMAO:

I was under the impression that they were going to reach out in a few days to give options on a credit/refund. I think that's why they tried so hard to make the showcase work. If the park allows them to play and you chose not to, then they are only entitled to give you a credit. If the parks don't allow them to use their facilities, then they will have to cancel the event and give refunds. Last year was a mess with all the rain, but you only had to start 2 games (might have been 2.5) in order for them not to have to refund you. Having said all that, I would be surprised if we actually get a refund. A credit doesn't help our team for the Summer either.

Nope, you only had to start one game and no refund. They made dang sure teams started that one game as well, even if it was at 10:30 pm on fields that were not safe to play on.

Also, the dates have been moved to August and they will give a credit to a future event or a 25% refund.

Jun 7, 2016
Dirtbags like this tournament should not be patronized in the future. Teams may not be able to use credit going forward (possibly cease to exist). Players may not continue with their organization (age out, find new interests etc). It is immoral that an organizer would hold the money. Not sure who I am more disappointed in the tournament organizers who do this, the the organizations that sell the scholarship myth, or the parents who ultimately buy into it tolerate so much bull$^!^ so their kids can play a game.
And before anyone tells me how these directors have sunk costs etc. I am a small business owner. And as such we make investments in our business KNOWINGLY taking the risk that the investment may not payoff. "This is the life we chose." They are not providing the service, the money should be returned.

Sep 9, 2019
Unfortunately, this is arguably one of the biggest/best recruiting events in this half of the country. It is highly attended by colleges and top programs. 3-4 coaches visible at each game we played in the fall. How many more incognito?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802