SB swing -VS- BB swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Chris

Thanks for posting some swings for review.

Allot of people on here just talk a good game but never show anyone they work with.

Will post one of Casey in the near future for your comments

Straightleg

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
I normally just go to you tube then post a link

Happy Turkey Day to Dana and all the other people on this site.

Any day off work is a good day!!!

Straightleg

May 7, 2008
San Rafael, Ca
Pedroia :

YouTube - MrBatSpeed's Channel

see comparison clip at 4 min mark comparing rearward arc of pedroia to no rearward arc.
this "hand mechanic" (forearms) is important in preventing drag. hand/forearm action is essential in providing resistance that enhances "connection" by produicing a "stretch and fire" (separation/"cusp") that provides "early batspeed" - a deeper bat, more read time, quick acceleration, adjustability and "efficient speed gains" (enquist/candrea/slaught "addition" concept).

Last edited:
May 7, 2008
DFW
I normally just go to you tube then post a link

Happy Turkey Day to Dana and all the other people on this site.

Any day off work is a good day!!!

I dont have a problem with the vids its the pictures I have yet to figure out Gerry.

Straightleg

Hope you and yours have a great Thanksgiving too.

May 7, 2008
DFW
Tom for gods sake man its Thanksgiving. I am going to get sick enough just eating and you post a Mankin vid on THT? Happy Thanksgiving :)

Oct 12, 2009
Pedroia :

YouTube - MrBatSpeed's Channel

see comparison clip at 4 min mark comparing rearward arc of pedroia to no rearward arc.
this "hand mechanic" (forearms) is important in preventing drag. hand/forearm action is essential in providing resistance that enhances "connection" by produicing a "stretch and fire" (separation/"cusp") that provides "early batspeed" - a deeper bat, more read time, quick acceleration, adjustability and "efficient speed gains" (enquist/candrea/slaught "addition" concept).

Mankin's analysis of Pedroia is flawed.

As I have pointed out before, better video shows that Pedroia doesn't actually do what Mankin says he does.

V_H_HD_BB_Public_DustinPedroia_1B_D_OffLFWall_09-045_60FPS_35-46_R.gif

Here's Pedroia missing a HR to LF by 4 or 5 vertical feet.

Oct 12, 2009
Chris

Thanks for posting some swings for review.

Allot of people on here just talk a good game but never show anyone they work with.

Will post one of Casey in the near future for your comments

I'll probably post a clip of my 3rd grade daughter in a bit, but I'm not sure.

For a variety of reasons, prior to 5th grade I don't like to formally work that much with kids.

I just let them be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
re.todd22