Same Ole Story..

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I don't want to talk too much to her.. words are frustrating her right now. D you suggest one handed lead arm drills to address this? This has been an issue wirth her forever

Lead arm swing would be good. I'm sure isolating the lead arm would help.

May 12, 2016
Verified today... it's the front oblique movement which is driving my DD's front shoulder up and causing her to come out of her swing. I believe one of you mentioned this before..

Jun 22, 2019
The swing isn’t bad...a lot more good than bad.

The chin lifting & back shoulder dipping slightly is probably the issue with not barreling up the ball.

She is pulling off the ball to generate velocity rather than staying down. By lifting the chin and leaning back in the swing she is probably having a hard time centering the ball. Most of the folks I see that do this tend to get under the ball.

Is she popping up & fouling back a bunch? If I’m correct. If you can get her to stop pulling off she’ll start driving the ball. Start with keeping chin down, the rest will likely fix itself.

May 12, 2016
The swing isn’t bad...a lot more good than bad.

The chin lifting & back shoulder dipping slightly is probably the issue with not barreling up the ball.

She is pulling off the ball to generate velocity rather than staying down. By lifting the chin and leaning back in the swing she is probably having a hard time centering the ball. Most of the folks I see that do this tend to get under the ball.

Is she popping up & fouling back a bunch? If I’m correct. If you can get her to stop pulling off she’ll start driving the ball. Start with keeping chin down, the rest will likely fix itself.
lately she is.. I believe her chin, head, shoulder popping up is because of the overactive oblique. But trying to break her of the habit is very challenging, so maybe a simple cue like keeping the chin down will work. And by getting under the ball I mean clipping the bottom, just getting a piece, and clipping the ball. not a solid mile high pop up.

Thank you for responding

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28