Rule Books

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 25, 2019
I umpire USSSA and am training for USA umpire (for some reason, NY high school softball uses USA rules)......Does anyone know where to find actual books of the rules? I know I can print them out for free, but I prefer a small book instead of 85 pages in a binder.

Sep 21, 2010
corinth,tx
I umpire USSSA and am training for USA umpire (for some reason, NY high school softball uses USA rules)......Does anyone know where to find actual books of the rules? I know I can print them out for free, but I prefer a small book instead of 85 pages in a binder.
most hs associations use nfhs rules weird that ny uses usa. but was told usa went paperless this year and no more handbooks.

Mar 6, 2016
Same question... I've looked online and searched for ASA Softball rulebook and all I find are the "changes" or modifications to the rules, but not the full set of ALL the ASA/USA rules. any link would be appreciated. Thanks!

inumpire

Observer, but has an opinion
Oct 31, 2014
The USA Softball Rule book is only available when you purchase the app, or register as a USA umpire, then you should be given a 2020 Rule book.
The reason NY uses the USA rule book is because USA softball is the governing body for softball. Has been for years. The USA & NFHS rule book are almost identical except for a few minor differences.

if you are going through USA umpire training, then your instructor should be able to help you get the rule book.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2