Rostered with 2 teams?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 11, 2012
Is it "legal" to be rostered with 2 teams in the same age division with USSSA. I know that with ASA you cannot do this without dropping from one team and adding to another.

Jun 1, 2013
Not legal to be rostered on two teams, regardless of age or class. USSSA is set up where you can't see release dates either. You actually have to call a director and ask. Found that out the hard way!

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2012
Not my team, just overheard something about an opposing team trying to add players to their roster for the WS and not releasing players from the original team.
Thanks

Jun 1, 2013
They don't have to release their original players, the girls that are picking up have to be released from their original team.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I am not an expert on the subject, but ASA qualifiers are the only tournaments we have ever played where anyone cared about who was "rostered" to which team....in other tournaments, pickup players are common and no one really cares as long as girls are playing in the correct age group, or playing up.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Just to clarify:

1) There are qualifying tournaments.
2) There are non-qualifying tournaments played in accordance with USSSA (or ASA or NSA or Grannies Softball Association) rules.

If a tournament is a non-qualifying tournament, it doesn't matter.

For qualifying tournaments, then kids should not be rostered on two different teams. No one checks rosters unless someone complains.

(Unless you are in California, in which case the NSA (not the softball one) and the FBI become involved...)

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2013
Check with your USSSA state director, if you think we are wrong. Ask before you find out first hand, save your girls the embarrassment of being kicked out of tournament. They will get you on playing wrong class too!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rathouse