Roster USSSA is it ever closed or final?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 9, 2008
Hartford, CT
USSSA FLA July tourn ...
or any tourn ...

is the roster ever officially set ...or does this change for every USSSA tournament?

Pony pretty much set when submiited for the season...not true for USSSA?

Dec 19, 2008
I believe the roster is open until just before the state tournament (if you qualify). Then it becomes frozen, and you play state, then the World Series with who you have rostered. Although, I've seen frozen rosters change - must be some special favors :)

Jan 15, 2009
Midwest
In USSSA, rosters are frozen once you qualify for a national event. Players can be added to the roster, but you have to go through the state director. Players can be added up to seven days before a state tournament and xx days before nationals.

May 9, 2008
Hartford, CT
How many is the roster limit?

15?

Team took a 2nd place and berth to Fla World Series...but some kids can't go due to financial ...
coach wants to get other players...

Jan 15, 2009
Midwest
20 is the limit.

You can only add up to 6 players. Please check with your state director. If the WS is at Disney, it is a fantastic time! Have fun!

May 9, 2008
Hartford, CT
"If the WS is at Disney, it is a fantastic time! Have fun! ":"

We can't afford the trip so neither of my DD's will participate in that tourn ..
team posted for another pitcher to go to Fla with them ..

Jul 26, 2010
"If the WS is at Disney, it is a fantastic time! Have fun! ":"

We can't afford the trip so neither of my DD's will participate in that tourn ..
team posted for another pitcher to go to Fla with them ..

The tournament is in July, isn't it? That's plenty of time to fundraise. Your daughters team only needs her, btw, not her family ;P

-W

May 9, 2008
Hartford, CT
On the surface, raising $$ sounds fine ... but lots of complications due to family situation as well ..

and we aren't sending our child to another state without one of her parents there ...

Is as it is ....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45