Roster rules

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 13, 2014
Nashville, TN
We currently live in Illinois, but will be moving to Ohio at the end of the year. I would like my daughter to play on a team in the fall, then find a new team once we move. She is 16U eligible, but has an opportunity to play on an 18U team this fall (ASA, PGF sanctions). Question: if she is rostered on an 18U team in the fall, does this destroy her 16U eligibility for a new team for the second half of the season? Thx.

Mar 26, 2013
We currently live in Illinois, but will be moving to Ohio at the end of the year. I would like my daughter to play on a team in the fall, then find a new team once we move. She is 16U eligible, but has an opportunity to play on an 18U team this fall (ASA, PGF sanctions). Question: if she is rostered on an 18U team in the fall, does this destroy her 16U eligibility for a new team for the second half of the season? Thx.
ASA and PGF only care about championship play (e.g. qualifiers and nationals), so don't play in any qualifiers this fall.

Mar 26, 2013
ASA and PGF only care about championship play (e.g. qualifiers and nationals), so don't play in any qualifiers this fall.
For ASA is it if you compete in a Qualifier, or is it if your team qualifies and you are redlined?
ASA Code says roster is redlined when you begin championship play (e.g. qualifier).

Article 302 ROSTERS. A team's roster becomes official when a commissioner or designee signs it for championship play. ...

E. Roster Procedure. The roster / affidavit form must be signed by the player, their guardian ( if necessary ) and the manager. Parent’s signatures are not required for players 18 years of age and over. A red line must be drawn on the line beneath the last player’s name listed on the roster. The roster must be signed by the local commissioner or their designee.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478