Ronald McDonald Tourney

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
Another oddity and it may be due to weather but some teams got 4 game and some got 6. We ended up getting 5.

I cant really comment on the power pool vs the other. We saw some historically strong teams at Dyess and some that were scheduled for Collins that were not.

We saw a few coaches but with the way things are, video seems to be what most are using. Of course we are Dyess so maybe they are at Collins.

Jun 19, 2016
I have been told that the last ones to pay are in they bracket. It just looks bad because they put one of the top teams in the nation in with a bunch of teams that are not that great and they called it the "Imperial" bracket. Which I guess is the name of the park.

Jun 23, 2018
Texas
Took DD down to Dyess Saturday afternoon to watch a couple games. She thought it was cool to get to see the big girls play and she also managed to spot a couple coaches walking around recruiting. Was a good experience for a 12yo to see a little of the process.

She spent more time reading the visors and patches to see were the committed were players going and running me from one end of the park to the other to see some of the big name brands play. Not the prettiest weather, but the kid had lots of fun.

Aug 16, 2019
NORTH TEXAS
We had a good weekend. Friday was cold but we got to play both games with little delay. saturday and sunday went as scheduled. Covid had thinned out the colleges but we got some looks. overall a good time. Not as good as last year but still a well ran showcase.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Nice to be able to play showcase games.
College Coaches making recruitment emails from RDM is encouraging for the sport going forward!

Mar 28, 2014
Covid had thinned out the colleges but we got some looks. overall a good time. Not as good as last year but still a well ran showcase.
I wonder if it is due to Covid or is it due to the fact that their players were given 2020 as a free year and will be given 2021 as a free year as well. So do they need as many players as usual?

Last edited:

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I wonder if it is due to Covid or is it due to the fact that their players were given 2020 as a free year and will be given 2021 as a fee year as well. So do they need as many players as usual?
There was a heavy discussion about that extended eligibility...and possible impact.

Commenting toward D1.
Some commented only a few here or there will stay.
My original guesstimation is it would impact substantially.
From what i know of now,
There are programs where every senior is staying.
Greatly reducing incomming spots.

Could comment further on things College Coaches have said,
Keep that simple and say going forward...
It seems they will not be able to tell what spots if any will be available pending decisions of the students figuring out what they will do when the time comes.
*How that delay in comfirmatiin of spots will affect recruitment...?
Can only guess again it WILL push back when offers can be made pending $.

As for less colleges at event
*the obvious of less D1 college's at showcasing now,
cuz they cant...yet.

Jun 19, 2016
I definitely would skip this tournament for younger levels. It is more than double the cost and the competition really was much different than an USSSA open tournament.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802