Ronald McDonald Tourney

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I saw that some games started but then the rain came. It's not heavy, but it is constant. I had no idea that it was supposed to be raining most of the day. I thought it was gonna be the typical cold front to blow in with some rain and wind and then blue skies a few hours later. Not so much.

Jun 19, 2016
My DD is playing in the 12U next week. Not a big fan of the Stay to Play hotel rates but we do get to play some good teams.

Jun 19, 2016
I am not sure I understand this whole Imperial Bracket vs North Bracket. I realized I am probably goings to get flamed for this but in the 12U Imperial bracket they got they got teams that routinely Play USA C locally in North Texas while some of the top USSSA A teams have been left out. Even all of the teams that are flying in from CA. I am not sure I see the value of this tournament at the 12U level.

Last edited:

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I am not sure I understand this whole Imperial Bracket vs North Bracket. I realized I am probably goings to get flamed for this but in the 12U Imperial bracket they got they got teams that routinely Play USA C locally in North Texas while some of the top USSSA A teams have been left out. Even all of the teams that are flying in from CA. I am not sure I see the value of this tournament at the 12U level.
its just words for a description that often means nothing.
( someone else may have a different view)
Unless teams compete to qualify its an opinion or blind draw who plays where.
18u has powerpool, 'usually' that means powerful teams.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
There is NO value for the RMCD tourney for 10U/12U teams unless you wanna play. It has historically been a competitive tourney for fall showcasing. They used to do competitive bracket play until the number of teams became unmanageable. If you find your team not playing in the "desirable" group, then you are not in the Loop. If you are not in the Loop, then you ain't in the Loop! The question is, which Pools are the "power pools?" I am sure there was a thought process when they developed the pools. It seems as though the 12u teams playing in Sugarland are overflow. What do you think? It seems as though the majority of the teams are in the North bracket playing in Tomball and Dyess. I prefer the Imperial Park fields over any other venue in the Houston area. TBH I think Dallas fields are nicer than the Houston ones.

When my DD played her 1st RMCD, I was clueless with regards to the make up of pools. We were playing a game, and all of a sudden all these D1 coaches started filtering in to our field. I was like, Heck yeah this is what it's gonna be like all the time. Wrong! They were coming in to see the teams that were in the A Pool. They tend to group the stronger teams together so the college coaches can watch their prospects. There is definitely a pecking order, and the sooner that you realize that, the sooner you will realize what tourneys and what teams you need to start beating to get recognition.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coach101