Rollover

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2017
Looks like she is rushing her tip/untip swing (more control and less speed). Also more down to with hitting through the target.
I think I see the need for the heavy wood bat. It would help slow down the tip/untip. It is a rushed thing at the moment.

Reactions: TDS

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Different style but free hands (no loop).

E1oMOqy.gif

Oct 2, 2017
Different style but free hands (no loop).

E1oMOqy.gif
Worked on slowing down the tip/un-tip. With the goal that Less is more. Started with the wood bat that was much harder for her to control, then went to her regular bat. It will take some time, but I think she is heading in the right direction. Not that she was loopy before, it will help control it from here on out, as she owns it more and more.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
2021-0603-ttb-bat-drag.gif

Notice in frame 1, her rear forearm is not in a bad position - it's relatively flat.

Then in frame 2, when she brings the elbow down to hip slot, she barely moves the bat head backwards.

This is causing the bad bat drag in frame 3 (hands behind back elbow), and the biceps way away from the torso in the final frame.

Practice dry drills bringing the bat head back with the elbow drop to the hip. In this phase, the bat head should move in unison (1:1) with the elbow.

P.S. I would also work on landing on a very bent front leg. The arm push from frames 3 to 4 is also caused by the (mostly) straight leg at landing. (Proper leg straightening helps finish the rotation and powers the bat head around)

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017
View attachment 22312

Notice in frame 1, her rear forearm is not in a bad position - it's relatively flat.

Then in frame 2, when she brings the elbow down to hip slot, she barely moves the bat head backwards.

This is causing the bad bat drag in frame 3 (hands behind back elbow), and the biceps way away from the torso in the final frame.

Practice dry drills bringing the bat head back with the elbow drop to the hip. In this phase, the bat head should move in unison (1:1) with the elbow.

P.S. I would also work on landing on a very bent front leg. The arm push from frames 3 to 4 is also caused by the straight leg. (Proper leg straightening helps finish the rotation and powers the bat head around)
Thanks E-fast

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Worked on slowing down the tip/un-tip. With the goal that Less is more. Started with the wood bat that was much harder for her to control, then went to her regular bat. It will take some time, but I think she is heading in the right direction. Not that she was loopy before, it will help control it from here on out, as she owns it more and more.

i think the loading sequence is a bit off. Makes her rush and not really connect properly. Maybe a cue of letting the hands ‘gather‘ the swing might do the trick. The hands should be working up simultaneously w the forward move.

edit: or maybe a tad before.

1622740620384.gif

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017
hmmm, It seems like her hands do work up with her forward move. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you are meaning.

Oct 2, 2017
i think the loading sequence is a bit off. Makes her rush and not really connect properly. Maybe a cue of letting the hands ‘gather‘ the swing might do the trick. The hands should be working up simultaneously w the forward move.

edit: or maybe a tad before.

View attachment 22322
Very possible. I do know that when she takes dry swings, she does move better, and in more sync. She also has more of a tucked front knee under her as she moves forward like the guy above. Also in dry swings she tends to have more of the things that @efastball often points out, that is: a more flat forearm at Launch position, and also as the rear elbow starts to slot, the barrel starts to go with it. I realize that part of that is because there is no thinking of a moving ball.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
hmmm, It seems like her hands do work up with her forward move. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you are meaning.

I really don’t see them get ‘up’ at all. Just to swing. they’re a tad stuck. The hands should gather w or against the back leg. that’s what releases them ‘up‘ to load so to speak. she cant get on plane deep and pushes most hits up the middle or to the right side. No release of the barrel. This is what I think you’re seeing.

edit: or a delayed release of the barrel.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee