Rollover

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
The video below is what I'm referring to. She rolls over after contact. Shouldn't a player stay PUPD, without collapsing the front elbow?

She doesn't do it as bad here as she does in her game swing. In her game swing it looks like she tries to put the brakes on to try and run... ;)

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
The video below is what I'm referring to. She rolls over after contact. Shouldn't a player stay PUPD, without collapsing the front elbow?

Here you can see the front elbow action from behind.

Looks like she is rushing her tip/untip swing (more control and less speed). Also more down to with hitting through the target.

Oct 2, 2017
Looks like she is rushing her tip/untip swing (more control and less speed). Also more down to with hitting through the target.
Funny I gave her the cue of Down To and through in the practice swing. I really agree on the more control and less speed. During Games I don't say anything. I just let her play. The only thing I say during games, Is Start early enough to be able to get to your spot (Hitting position).

Reactions: TDS

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Funny I gave her the cue of Down To and through in the practice swing. I really agree on the more control and less speed. During Games I don't say anything. I just let her play. The only thing I say during games, Is Start early enough to be able to get to your spot (Hitting position).

Some of that should take care of itself after she gets comfortable and owns the movement.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Slow and early allows for the barrel float and helps prevent the loop.

e9HouZB.gif

JD, has been struggling the last couple years since the umps started calling the upper zone. Removing the loop and allowing the barrel to float (free hands) could help.

xauXLEK.gif

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017
Slow and early allows for the barrel float and helps prevent the loop.

e9HouZB.gif

JD, has been struggling the last couple years since the umps started calling the upper zone. Removing the loop and allowing the barrel to float (free hands) could help.

xauXLEK.gif
When you say float are you referring to the barrel verticle?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812