Rollover

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2017
I really don’t see them get ‘up’ at all. Just to swing. they’re a tad stuck. The hands should gather w or against the back leg. that’s what releases them ‘up‘ to load so to speak. she cant get on plane deep and pushes most hits up the middle or to the right side. No release of the barrel. This is what I think you’re seeing.

The bold doesn't make any sense to me. Could explain that one?

Also by "up", are you meaning as in "up" higher than say shoulder level? I would say she's actually swinging with the hands at about where she starts in her stance.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
The bold doesn't make any sense to me. Could explain that one?

Also by "up", are you meaning as in "up" higher than say shoulder level? I would say she's actually swinging with the hands at about where she starts in her stance.

it all depends on how one stands in the box. if you’re ‘back‘ the hands do most of the work. if balanced they both do the work. Either way the back leg needs to become stable While the hands work against it. Allie seems to not get the hands against the leg during gather.

1622743846255.gif

Already ‘back’.

1622743967855.gif

gets ‘back’.

but both have the hands working ‘up’ on time.

Oct 2, 2017
it all depends on how one stands in the box. if you’re ‘back‘ the hands do most of the work. if balanced they both do the work. Either way the back leg needs to become stable While the hands work against it. Allie seems to not get the hands against the leg during gather.

View attachment 22326

Already ‘back’.

View attachment 22327

gets ‘back’.

but both have the hands working ‘up’ on time.

I know things on the forum can get confusing and hard to explain, but I'm simply not getting it. Not trying be a hard head. The way I'm processing what you are saying, is you can either start with your hands behind the rear leg in space, and they need to resist ("UP") the pull of the rear leg as you move forward or if you start balanced the hands are going to have to get "back" or behind/up from the rear leg as you move forward.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
When you say "Back" what are meaning by that: back behind you as in behind you or as in towards the catcher?

counter rotation. a hand gather so she can load her obliques quicker against her FM, so she contract earlier. All the while the barrel gets loaded on time.

it’s like her upper never loads.

this^^^^ is what I’ve been mumbling about for 2 pages. LOL.

Oct 2, 2017
counter rotation. a hand gather so she can load her obliques quicker against her FM, so she contract earlier. All the while the barrel gets loaded on time.

it’s like her upper never loads.

this^^^^ is what I’ve been mumbling about for 2 pages. LOL.
Yeah your mumbling, made me read how many posts :ROFLMAO: Now that makes sense

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28