Rollover

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Rollovers can be caused by abaf pattern vs fyb.

knzdEtX.gif

Jun 8, 2016
It is a path thing. Take a swing that has a steep negative path..your wrists will try and rollover naturally as you follow through (or perhaps even before or at contact). The question then becomes how to clean up the path.. ;)

Oct 2, 2017
It is a path thing. Take a swing that has a steep negative path..your wrists will try and rollover naturally as you follow through (or perhaps even before or at contact). The question then becomes how to clean up the path.. ;)
What's your view on how one is to go about finding this "Path" that you speak of :ROFLMAO:, but seriously?

Jun 8, 2016
What's your view on how one is to go about finding this "Path" that you speak of :ROFLMAO:, but seriously?
Bat path. Lol..isn't that what every argument on this site ultimately comes down to? I no longer have the energy to enter into any of those conversation..TDS mentioned one issue above.. I doubt whatever this (I assume young) player is working on is perfect right now so as her swing improves her path will improve and the rollover will go away... 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Reactions: TDS
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Generally, rollovers on the outside pitch would be committing to soon on the outside(more horizontal early). rollovers on the inside would be not loading the barrel early enough and pushing your hands through or a steep swing.

there is more like an engine stall. but thats pretty deep etc.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
When should you be concerned with wrist rollover?

When rollover occurs before contact, its a problem. A batter does not need to rollover, its usually a function of early timing and compromise on path to make contact with the ball.

It's a constant reminder for my DD that until you are at 2 strikes, its far more desirable to swing and miss than it is to have a compromised path and rollover to get to contact on a pitch that "beat" you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802