rolled bats??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2008
Sad thing about this whole discussion is IF the girls KNOW they are rolling bats and that it is illegal per ASA rules and it's dangerous, then what are we teaching the girls about life lessons? Cheat, but don't get caught?
** I used to always talk about the etiquite in Softball and how the girls and coaches were so much better sportsmen then baseball and many other sports. I really enjoyed that the girls could play their hearts out and yet still be close friends and root for each other to do well. NOW we are moving to cheating and beyond competitive?? I certainly hope all our coaches move to just teaching the game and teaching life lessons that REALLY matter and watching our girls grow to be productive citizens that care about others and doing the right thing, ALWAYS.

I like to believe that cheating in softball is a rarity and something espoused by overzealous coaches looking for glory in a $4 hunk of shiny plastic. I like to believe that the girls are, for the most part, good sportspeople who cheer for their friends. I hope I stay naive if I'm wrong.

May 12, 2008
Jimginas sums it up I think. It's really not about the softball. It's about using softball to teach our kid's life lessons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802