ROE

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
Playing pretty decent teams. Also I'm usually do the scoring and I am probably harder on her than any other player.

Oh, well that's easy.

If your team is pretty carefree and friendly, you just assign your DD a hit as it happens. ROE to shortstop in the game, you enter it as a single in Game Changer.

If your team watches this stuff pretty closely (and I have people who are at the game with Game Changer up while the game is going on), you wait a few days and go into GC.com online and edit the stats.

Voila! Your daughter is hitting better.

You're welcome.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
Really...no way?

The point there was that the ROE "stat" is useless for a hitter. A coach who uses that stat needs to find a better scorekeeper.

Aso I don't think statistics are important at all:

https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2008JSV...317..265A/abstract

(that paper is all about statistics in case you need an interpreter...:cautious:)

Edit :

and yes I know the context..I was listening to that presser live..I have been a Pats fan my whole life ( I grew up in what I am sure is your favorite state, MA)

From that dog's breakfast of a post, anyone will have a hard time trying to figure out your point. Try to figure out what you want to say, and try not to be a jerk while saying it.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
What causes errors: bad fielders, hard hit balls and speed (causing fielders to rush to make a play). The latter two will have a high positive correlation with good standard statistics 🤷‍♂️

Hard hit balls and speed don't "cause" errors. They have a "high positive correlation" with base hits. If a missed play isn't "routine" because the ball was hit exceptionally hard or if the runner is exceptionally fast, it's not an error.

Dial down the pretentiousness...look that big word up, if necessary. :cautious:

Jun 8, 2016
Hard hit balls and speed don't "cause" errors. They have a "high positive correlation" with base hits. If a missed play isn't "routine" because the ball was hit exceptionally hard or if the runner is exceptionally fast, it's not an error.
In a perfect world with good scorekeepers you are correct. Thanks for furthering my point..we make a good team.
Dial down the pretentiousness...
So I take it you didn’t like the Abstract? I told Prakash we needed to write it so some guy on DFP would be able to understand it but he just looked at me funny and mumbled something about cricket..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812