Ringor cleats?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 14, 2020
I will second this opinion. We had the same experience, a couple of pairs of Ringors that my DD destroyed pretty fast. I agree customer service was great, but they just didn't last as long as I hoped.

I will also second the recommendation for New Balance, the spikes appear larger (to me) than both Ringors and Mizuno, and seem to not get worn down as fast.

New Balance + Tuff Toe has been the best solution for us, a little more work, but less expense and better durability.
I agree. I wear NB due to having wide feet EE. Other DD wears NB or UA and they wear and last just fine and look good also.
Durability is not a huge concern. I expect to get a season out of cleats and then they get relegated to practice foot wear.

Jul 27, 2015
I will second this opinion. We had the same experience, a couple of pairs of Ringors that my DD destroyed pretty fast. I agree customer service was great, but they just didn't last as long as I hoped.

I will also second the recommendation for New Balance, the spikes appear larger (to me) than both Ringors and Mizuno, and seem to not get worn down as fast.

New Balance + Tuff Toe has been the best solution for us, a little more work, but less expense and better durability.

We have not tried New Balance. I will have to remember this if my daughter ever decides to try a new brand. We went from Nike to Ringors. Between metal cleats and turf shoes, she has owned 4-5 Ringors. My daughter is a pitcher and Turf Toe is a must on the Ringors. And once I finally figured exactly where to put the Turf Toe, the Ringors have lasted for a good while.

Feb 14, 2020
We have not tried New Balance. I will have to remember this if my daughter ever decides to try a new brand. We went from Nike to Ringors. Between metal cleats and turf shoes, she has owned 4-5 Ringors. My daughter is a pitcher and Turf Toe is a must on the Ringors. And once I finally figured exactly where to put the Turf Toe, the Ringors have lasted for a good while.
Ringor have the option of a pitching toe correct? Are you saying the Ringor pitching toe shoe is not very good?

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
First - if your DD's foot hasn't stopped growing, go cheaper and nastier. Cheap Mizunos are a good choice. There is always some sort of sale going around. Even if you beat on them hard, you will replace them for sizing before wear. I don't think I spent more than $25 on cleats until DD was 14 and it was clear her foot really wasn't getting any bigger. There was a sale once where I picked up 4 progressive sizes of some Mizuno's on sale for less than $80.

Once their feet have stopped, then it is worth the extra $$$ for the better cleats.

Ringor's with the pitching toe is worth every cent for a pitcher. DD goes through a pair a year and she BEATS on them. And I mean BEATS on them. She also has their turf show which she uses indoor for lessons and on turf fields - we have had them forever. Years ago Ringor were bigger, heavily, bulkier and some people didn't like that - their current models are less of all those things but are still sturdy and last. Probably not as light as some other brands, but if an oz. or 2 matters isn't going to change much.

If your DD isn't a pitcher, I'd probably look elsewhere starting with New Balance.

Jul 27, 2015
Ringor have the option of a pitching toe correct? Are you saying the Ringor pitching toe shoe is not very good?

We buy the shoes with the pitching toe, but I don't think it does much good for how my daughter drags her foot. If your daughter drags on the tip of the toes, you are good to go. If she turns her foot totally side ways, you are probably good to do.

Here is a video of my daughter's shoes. So I bought the Tuff Toe Pro which comes with a base of black then I put white on it. I put the black on way too thick. I had to sand the whole thing down which is why you see black showing through Anyhow, she wears the first 2-3 inches on the side/bottom of the shoe. She does not drag high enough to ever get to the toe guard.

Feb 14, 2020
First - if your DD's foot hasn't stopped growing, go cheaper and nastier. Cheap Mizunos are a good choice. There is always some sort of sale going around. Even if you beat on them hard, you will replace them for sizing before wear. I don't think I spent more than $25 on cleats until DD was 14 and it was clear her foot really wasn't getting any bigger. There was a sale once where I picked up 4 progressive sizes of some Mizuno's on sale for less than $80.

Once their feet have stopped, then it is worth the extra $$$ for the better cleats.

Ringor's with the pitching toe is worth every cent for a pitcher. DD goes through a pair a year and she BEATS on them. And I mean BEATS on them. She also has their turf show which she uses indoor for lessons and on turf fields - we have had them forever. Years ago Ringor were bigger, heavily, bulkier and some people didn't like that - their current models are less of all those things but are still sturdy and last. Probably not as light as some other brands, but if an oz. or 2 matters isn't going to change much.

If your DD isn't a pitcher, I'd probably look elsewhere starting with New Balance.

Both my DD’s pitch. My DD that wears NB & UA has a “heavy” drag and never had an issue with toe wear. Her NB turfs she’s had for 3yrs and they show some friction wear on toe but she won’t use her new pair of NB turf until the current ones blow-out.
I guess my main concern with the Ringor’s is she wants white. After a game or two they will look like garbage. I would prefer to get her a $100 pair of another brand I can get for much less than that than pay higher price on these more “exclusive” Ringor cleats.

Feb 14, 2020
We buy the shoes with the pitching toe, but I don't think it does much good for how my daughter drags her foot. If your daughter drags on the tip of the toes, you are good to go. If she turns her foot totally side ways, you are probably good to do.

Here is a video of my daughter's shoes. So I bought the Tuff Toe Pro which comes with a base of black then I put white on it. I put the black on way too thick. I had to sand the whole thing down which is why you see black showing through Anyhow, she wears the first 2-3 inches on the side/bottom of the shoe. She does not drag high enough to ever get to the toe guard.

I gotcha. More of an inside low drag than high toe drag. Thanks

May 16, 2016
For pitchers, Ringors with pitching toe is absolutely worth the cost. For indoor pitching lessons, we bought Ringor Turfs with pitchers toe, and that is saving us $$$ on torn up sneakers.

If you are not a pitcher, then I suppose they may be on the pricey side. Although, if you are still in molded cleats, I thought the cleats did not wear down as fast as other major brands. (Nike, Mizuno, Under Armour)

May 14, 2015
Bismarck ND
Dad has had all three, she likes the turfs the least as the toe protect is put on to high. She just shreds the bottoms under the toe piece

Attachments

• 84D461B3-AF74-4831-8EE9-C71AFB4F8F26.jpeg
    84D461B3-AF74-4831-8EE9-C71AFB4F8F26.jpeg
    156.4 KB · Views: 15

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802