Ringor cleats?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 14, 2020
Anybody have experience with Ringor cleats? They look heavy and clunky to me and hard to find anywhere else than Ringor site.
Amazon has them but more expensive than Ringor site. Not much on EBay either.

Sep 25, 2016
My DD has used them them the last 4 years. They do cost more, but seem to last longer. (2 seasons per pair average, 25 tournaments per year) She says they are the most comfortable cleats she has had. Check some of your local hitting facilities, here in the Kansas City area, the Dugout in Independence is a sizing center to try them out locally. The sizing centers usually offer 10% off code when you order from Ringor.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
The original Ringors were exactly that...heavy and clunky, Yet Ringors were, and still are, known as the most durable, comfortable cleats you'd put on your DD's feet even if the sizing was off by 2 1/2 sizes (ran small). My DD was a Pitcher until 14YO and then a catcher from 14 on. From the age of 11, that's the only cleat she'd wear and at the younger ages, she'd grow out of them before they'd wear out. After 13, she quit growing and from then on, she had only 2 pair through her first year of college until the team made her wear whatever manufacturer sponsored the team that year. Even now, if she's practicing on her own, the team cleats stay in the bag and the Ringors are on her feet.

The Dynasty 2.0 came out around the time DD turned 16. They are much lighter than the original Dynasty although still a bit heavier than other cleats, but not by much according to DD. They are sized more appropiately than the originals yet still as comfortable and durable. These are what DD still uses while practicing outside of the team. I've heard from others the Bandit 2.0 is right in line with the weight of other cleats yet still maintain the comfort The Ringor name has become known for, Again, I've heard they outlast the other top quality cleats out there but I haven't heard by how much.

Just make sure to hit either a sizing center, go by their sizing chart or better yet, talk directly to a CSR for proper sizing. Ringors are only available for sale by Ringor itself. If you find them anywhere else, It's because someone is selling them out of their garage at a 10% markup plus shipping. Ringor's customer service is outstanding IMO. If you order a size and they're wrong, call them and they'll send out a new pair shipping free, send you a prepaid return label, and (used to) 2-day ship/overnight the replacements.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2020
The original Ringors were exactly that...heavy and clunky, Yet Ringors were, and still are, known as the most durable, comfortable cleats you'd put on your DD's feet even if the sizing was off by 2 1/2 sizes (ran small). My DD was a Pitcher until 14YO and then a catcher from 14 on. From the age of 11, that's the only cleat she'd wear and at the younger ages, she'd grow out of them before they'd wear out. After 13, she quit growing and from then on, she had only 2 pair through her first year of college until the team made her wear whatever manufacturer sponsored the team that year. Even now, if she's practicing on her own, the team cleats stay in the bag and the Ringors are on her feet.

The Dynasty 2.0 came out around the time DD turned 16. They are much lighter than the original Dynasty although still a bit heavier than other cleats, but not by much according to DD. They are sized more appropiately than the originals yet still as comfortable and durable. These are what DD still uses while practicing outside of the team. I've heard from others the Bandit 2.0 is right in line with the weight of other cleats yet still maintain the comfort The Ringor name has become known for, Again, I've heard they outlast the other top quality cleats out there but I haven't heard by how much.

Just make sure to hit either a sizing center, go by their sizing chart or better yet, talk directly to a CSR for proper sizing. Ringors are only available for sale by Ringor itself. If you find them anywhere else, It's because someone is selling them out of their garage at a 10% markup plus shipping. Ringor's customer service is outstanding IMO. If you order a size and they're wrong, call them and they'll send out a new pair shipping free, send you a prepaid return label, and (used to) 2-day ship/overnight the replacements.
Yeah it says on their site to order a half size bigger than your tennis sneakers. The Bandit 2.0 is a couple of oz lighter than the Dynasty 2.0.
My DD is not a speed demon so every oz counts. I think the Bandit is the way to go for her.
Ringor had a 25% off sale recently and I haggled with them to get free shipping so hopefully she will like them as much as your DD does.
Thanks for you & your DD’s feedback. I really didn’t want to buy Ringor but she refused everything else.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Yeah it says on their site to order a half size bigger than your tennis sneakers. The Bandit 2.0 is a couple of oz lighter than the Dynasty 2.0.
My DD is not a speed demon so every oz counts. I think the Bandit is the way to go for her.
Ringor had a 25% off sale recently and I haggled with them to get free shipping so hopefully she will like them as much as your DD does.
Thanks for you & your DD’s feedback. I really didn’t want to buy Ringor but she refused everything else.

They don't need to be fast if they hit the ball OTF or hard in an OF gap to the fence. ;)

Apr 28, 2019
They don't need to be fast if they hit the ball OTF or hard in an OF gap to the fence. ;)

Yeah wouldn’t that be nice!!! This DD is a line drive hitter doesn’t quite have yard power yet. Just don’t want her going the opposite way to RF getting a clean hit through or over the IF and get thrown out at 1st by OF. 🙂

Oct 1, 2014
USA
We tried a couple sets of Ringors over the years for all the reasons described here. Our experience was different and disappointing. While customer service was good about replacing them (once) my pitcher DD destroyed them quickly. Catcher DD (we had the pitcher toe version for her as well since she was throwing from the knees so much) had better longevity with them but not enough better than other brands out there at a lower cost. They seem well built and all that, the weight wasn't a big issue for either DD (even used the mid-height version). New Balance has been serving them well for the last few years now.

Apr 28, 2019
We tried a couple sets of Ringors over the years for all the reasons described here. Our experience was different and disappointing. While customer service was good about replacing them (once) my pitcher DD destroyed them quickly. Catcher DD (we had the pitcher toe version for her as well since she was throwing from the knees so much) had better longevity with them but not enough better than other brands out there at a lower cost. They seem well built and all that, the weight wasn't a big issue for either DD (even used the mid-height version). New Balance has been serving them well for the last few years now.

My other DD wears NB & UA and we have good luck with these brands. Plus I can always find a great deal somewhere.
Other DD just wouldn’t hear of any other brand other than Ringor. She has never had a pair mind you but said she always wanted a pair.
That’s was news to me but as long as she likes and wears them I’m good.

Yeah wouldn’t that be nice!!! This DD is a line drive hitter doesn’t quite have yard power yet. Just don’t want her going the opposite way to RF getting a clean hit through or over the IF and get thrown out at 1st by OF. 🙂

Oct 1, 2015

I will second this opinion. We had the same experience, a couple of pairs of Ringors that my DD destroyed pretty fast. I agree customer service was great, but they just didn't last as long as I hoped.

I will also second the recommendation for New Balance, the spikes appear larger (to me) than both Ringors and Mizuno, and seem to not get worn down as fast.

New Balance + Tuff Toe has been the best solution for us, a little more work, but less expense and better durability.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FPVQ23