Ringor’s vs New Balance

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 19, 2016
I buy my DD New Balance 4040 boys baseball cleats.... although I probably bought her the last boys pair. The molded cleats go up to size 7 and they are half the cost of the men's size 7.5. I originally bought these because we needed a pair fast and this is what the local sporting goods store had in stock. They are significantly wider than the women's shoe. I don't know how they compare to the women's wide width. I have never bought those because I would have to order them and send them back if they don't fit. To be honest, she is probably going to be in a men's wide width soon. The only issue she has with them is the cleats break off.

May 30, 2014
Oregon
My daughter used to wear Nike, then we switched to Ringor for the pitching toe. She loves them and never wants to wear anything else. We’re in Oregon and went to the retail outlet and she was able to try a bunch of sizes and get properly fitted, so that might have helped.

Apr 26, 2014
10U daughter has gotten an ingrown toenail twice in the last year. Dr said shoes may be too narrow (under armours).

I was all set to order a pair of NB based on the positive feedback here regarding comfort, but she’s also an aspiring pitcher, and just saw that our league is eligible for discounts on Ringor’s.

1. Are Ringor’s any less comfortable than other brands?
2. Anyone remember their daughter complaining of a narrower than expected toe area? (toe box?)
3. Any issues for catchers? (i.e. is it a stiffer toe that might cut into the top of the foot when crouched, or just more durable leather)

Thanks in advance,

Gags

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go with the Ringor. My daughter was a catcher for 8 years. Went threw cleats like socks from all the blocking. She never complained about the fit or a tight toe box. They were just as comfortable as the other brands we bought as well but lasted a lot longer. Hope this helps.

Jul 15, 2014
10U daughter has gotten an ingrown toenail twice in the last year. Dr said shoes may be too narrow (under armours).

I was all set to order a pair of NB based on the positive feedback here regarding comfort, but she’s also an aspiring pitcher, and just saw that our league is eligible for discounts on Ringor’s.

1. Are Ringor’s any less comfortable than other brands?
2. Anyone remember their daughter complaining of a narrower than expected toe area? (toe box?)
3. Any issues for catchers? (i.e. is it a stiffer toe that might cut into the top of the foot when crouched, or just more durable leather)

Thanks in advance,

Gags

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ZenToes 6 Pack Gel Toe Cap and... Amazon product ASIN B01N915IHG
My pitcher is a sophomore in college. Prefers Ringors but has used others. She had toe issues regardless of cleat, especially if she was getting all the mound time, as in highschool. She uses the toe caps on her big toes since then. Solved it! Good luck!

Jan 31, 2014
North Carolina
Sorry, but Ringor quality went to garbage a few years ago. The pitching toe is more of a glorified pencil eraser. Her first pair a few years ago lasted 15 months and she wore the metal cleat to a nub and the toe was in great condition. After that they changed the material of the pitching toe and I am now looking to replace a pitching toe that is 37 days old.

Seems incredibly uncharacteristic. Have you tried customer service. I've only needed them once, but they were very positive and responsive.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
I, personally, have never worn New Balance cleats. I have worn their sneakers and I like them and think their shoes are awesome (currently, I wear Doc Martens in either their Mary Janes or I also have a pair of 12 eye boots that I absolutely adore). I wore Under Armour cleats before I came to wear Ringors. I was having durability issues with wearing Under Armour cleats. I really think I would have liked them if I hadn't been playing catcher or pitcher because I really liked how comfortable they were. When I switched to Ringors, I thought they were uncomfortable especially with the pitching toe. But as I got used to it, I came to love them. With being a catcher, I need that pitching toe which really helps with durability with the position I play and I'm just not burning through cleats. They do run a half size too small though. So, if you have a Ringor store near you, I recommend going in and trying the shoes first to get a feel for them before buying them.

May 21, 2014
New Balance in mens for wide width and mid-cut. My kid catches and has wide feet so these cleats are perfect.

Feb 18, 2014
Seems incredibly uncharacteristic. Have you tried customer service. I've only needed them once, but they were very positive and responsive.
This is the second time they have shipped a replacement pair. That is three different pairs of pitching toes. The first has a layer of epoxy over the hole. The second is her practice pair and the third is the pair that lasted 37 days. Her first pair was a hard durable plastic. They lasted 13 months, the metal cleat wore out before the toe, and then they seemed to change to a rubber base that wears like an eraser.

20190910_195440.jpg20190910_195618.jpg20190823_094214 (1).jpg

Jan 31, 2014
North Carolina
Can't blame you for being put off. Still quite different from DD's experience. Heading into her third year with the current pair, and her turf shoes - also Ringors - she's been using for more than 5 years. If I'd had your experience, I'd be looking elsewhere also.

Jan 28, 2017
DD team has switched from Mizuno to NB. She will be a first year 14U (metal). Having a hard time finding metal cleats in her size 5.5 (small foot)? Any suggestions?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28