Ringor’s vs New Balance

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 28, 2019
Are these girls running the 100 meter dash in the Olympics or playing softball? I don’t get the knock about the ringors being a little on the heavy side. lol. 🤷‍♂️

Nov 18, 2015
Wow - thank you all for the great feedback.

While Ringor's does offer a wide shoe, I think the comfort aspect is pushing me towards NB - although I guess I'll give Mizuno's a look too. Checked NB website, didn't see anything about a toe cap or pitching shoe.

Lots of good points on both sides - no - no 100M dash in her future. (Not sure if anyone else's daughter is like this - she'll want to run the 90' bases, sometimes more than once if I time her. Park too far away from the grocery store entrance, and it becomes child abuse.)

Thanks as well for the thought of using mens sizes for cleats - her foot may fit better in them, and we'd have much more options. (I think she's already a women's 8).

As for Ringors not having the size - SES - I have to ask what age the girl is that needs a 12 or 13? A women's 13 is a men's 11.

Again - very helpful. Was not expecting this topic to be interesting enough to warrant a second page!

Mar 7, 2016
Wow - thank you all for the great feedback.

While Ringor's does offer a wide shoe, I think the comfort aspect is pushing me towards NB - although I guess I'll give Mizuno's a look too. Checked NB website, didn't see anything about a toe cap or pitching shoe.

Lots of good points on both sides - no - no 100M dash in her future. (Not sure if anyone else's daughter is like this - she'll want to run the 90' bases, sometimes more than once if I time her. Park too far away from the grocery store entrance, and it becomes child abuse.)

Thanks as well for the thought of using mens sizes for cleats - her foot may fit better in them, and we'd have much more options. (I think she's already a women's 8).

As for Ringors not having the size - SES - I have to ask what age the girl is that needs a 12 or 13? A women's 13 is a men's 11.

Again - very helpful. Was not expecting this topic to be interesting enough to warrant a second page!

She is ONLY 12 :oops::oops:... out of 12 girls on my roster we have 9 wearing 10-12... its crazy. My DD is in a 12 and stands 5'9 as a 12 y/o. There is an 11 y/o we play against that is 6'2 and can flat out rake a ball... something in the water here

Nov 15, 2014
chicago suburbs
My DD is now an 18U pitcher. She has worn Ringor, Boombah, and NB she likes the NB the best. Even without the pitching toe she made it the entire summer with one pair. Ringors are too heavy and Boombah because uncomfortable after about 15 games. Even went to NB turfs and the are more comfortable than her street gym shoes. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Apr 23, 2014
East Jabib
Yes it's August 23, not Fall yet. ;)

Called NB and spoke to someone in team sales. He was able to confirm that the Velo model will be released in early October with additional protection on the toe box. He didn’t confirm this was going to be marketed as a pitching toe. He said it will be available in turf, plastic cleat, and metal cleat versions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 28, 2014
Called NB and spoke to someone in team sales. He was able to confirm that the Velo model will be released in early October with additional protection on the toe box. He didn’t confirm this was going to be marketed as a pitching toe. He said it will be available in turf, plastic cleat, and metal cleat versions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes it is enough protection to be a pitcher's toe but not like the Ringor which would survive an atomic blast. The rest of the shoe will wear out before the toe does, let's put it like that.

Nov 13, 2017
My DD pitches and wore Ringor’s for a year. At the beginning of the next season I asked if she wanted to order another pair and she informed me she didn’t like them, too narrow. We buy Mizuno (although metal cleats) but they fit her wide foot much better and have a reinforced toe.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12