Ringor’s vs New Balance

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 18, 2015
10U daughter has gotten an ingrown toenail twice in the last year. Dr said shoes may be too narrow (under armours).

I was all set to order a pair of NB based on the positive feedback here regarding comfort, but she’s also an aspiring pitcher, and just saw that our league is eligible for discounts on Ringor’s.

1. Are Ringor’s any less comfortable than other brands?
2. Anyone remember their daughter complaining of a narrower than expected toe area? (toe box?)
3. Any issues for catchers? (i.e. is it a stiffer toe that might cut into the top of the foot when crouched, or just more durable leather)

Thanks in advance,

Gags

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 20, 2015
10U daughter has gotten an ingrown toenail twice in the last year. Dr said shoes may be too narrow (under armours).

I was all set to order a pair of NB based on the positive feedback here regarding comfort, but she’s also an aspiring pitcher, and just saw that our league is eligible for discounts on Ringor’s.

2. Anyone remember their daughter complaining of a narrower than expected toe area? (toe box?)
3. Any issues for catchers? (i.e. is it a stiffer toe that might cut into the top of the foot when crouched, or just more durable leather)

Thanks in advance,

Gags

My daughter has worn both, ringors run small so be prepared to order several sizes and send back what doesn't work. They have a great pitchers toe once you figure out what size. They aren't super narrow but they are heavy compared to the new balance. These are more true to size but you will have to put a pitchers toe material on them. They are lighter and more comfortable. Lasted a season no problem

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jul 28, 2019
Daughter has worn NB mostly. Switched to Ringor for the first time this year. As someone said, Ringor runs small. They say to order 1/2 size bigger than normal everyday size. HA. We had to go up 1.5 sizes bigger. Daughter normally wears 7, had to go up to 8.5 and a 9 would have worked. Size 8 would have worked for about 3-6 months but with a current growth spurt we had to go a little bigger to hopefully make them last a year. There is ALOT of room around the toes area.

One thing we didn’t like with NB is the plastic molded cleat wears down fast. Ringors seem to last a little longer.

May 14, 2015
Bismarck ND
DD went to Nike's new one, and has both turf and metal ( https://www.nike.com/t/alpha-huarache-elite-2-low-baseball-cleat-4QdsSF/AJ6873-001 ) Came from the ringors as they were just to narrow. DD is a big girl and these shoes worked great for pitching as well, some sort of toe covering thats not thick but covers and lasts well. The toe foot bed is very wide but not tall if that makes sense. Very comfortable. They say mens/womens unisex shoe. Several girls on her team have done the same with success

Apr 28, 2019

Thanks in advance,

Gags

NB are one of the few shoes that you can get wide widths in. We use NB & UA for the most part. If you but men’s they run wider that’s why we get UA in men’s sizes. NB Women’s has toe protect which is good for pitchers drag.
Never tried Ringors. They look heavy. Lot of people use and like them.

Mar 28, 2014

Thanks in advance,

Gags

NB is coming out with a new shoe this Fall with a "Pitcher's Toe" similar to Ringor but it's much more flexible. Might want to wait on it.

Jun 12, 2015
Ringors are a big no from us. They are pretty narrow. DD had a small blister on one toe that was hurting a little but not too bad (from the Ringors). She had practice, and by the end it was killing her. She went home with a teammate, whose mom sent me a pic of her toe that night. It was twice its normal size and turning purple. The next morning it was even worse. The doctor had to lance it. Got her some Boombahs and they have been much better. Our team's doing Ringors this year but they aren't required, which is good, because I'm not buying her any more of those. The whole time she wore them she had one issue after another. That was just the worst, and final, one.

ETA: This sounds like a bash which it really isn't. It's just the shape of her feet can't handle them. Thought I should add that in there.

Aug 17, 2019
DD wore Ringors starting in 10u and since she was a pitcher, the pitching toe is nice. Starting in 14u, she stopped pitching and wanted to try New Balance as some of her other teammates wore them. She's been with NB since. She claims they are lighter and just more comfortable than Ringors. I think the Ringors last longer but I wouldn't trade off comfort for durability.

Aug 1, 2019
Ringors are heavy, ugly, etc. but extremely durable, but again, heavy and UGLY. Not my opinion but the players.
Under Armor doesn't understand softball
NB is gaining some ground but still has work to do.
Mizuno is never wrong

Both DD's have worn Mizuno forever and won't change., Monica Abbott's Addidas was the closest 2nd and pretty goodl

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2014
East Jabib
NB is coming out with a new shoe this Fall with a "Pitcher's Toe" similar to Ringor but it's much more flexible. Might want to wait on it.

Do you have any additional info on this? Very interested as my daughter prefers NB over Ringors from a fit and weight perspective but I have to put Tuff toe on the NB.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28