Ringor’s vs New Balance

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 18, 2014
Can't blame you for being put off. Still quite different from DD's experience. Heading into her third year with the current pair, and her turf shoes - also Ringors - she's been using for more than 5 years. If I'd had your experience, I'd be looking elsewhere also.
Problem is that there isn't another option. Her first pair sounds like what your daughter has, the older style with the different composition to the toe material. Until another option is available it looks like I will be applying epoxy to the toe of her ringors after each tournament and on a weekly basis after practice and lessons. She has 4 pairs with holes in the toe and the new replacement pair in the box so I will just rotate them as I reapply the epoxy. I am beyond disappointed in the change they made to their product. Shes 5'10" and 160lbs so I wouldn't call her physique out of the ordinary. We tried tough toe last year and she wore through that as well. And it was more expensive and you had to use it all at once.

Jan 31, 2014
North Carolina
Can't speak to the change in materials since I haven't seen newer models.
DD team has switched from Mizuno to NB. She will be a first year 14U (metal). Having a hard time finding metal cleats in her size 5.5 (small foot)? Any suggestions?

If 5.5 is her regular size, Ringors usually require ordering a size 1.5 to 2 times bigger.

Jan 31, 2014
North Carolina
This is the second time they have shipped a replacement pair. That is three different pairs of pitching toes. The first has a layer of epoxy over the hole. The second is her practice pair and the third is the pair that lasted 37 days. Her first pair was a hard durable plastic. They lasted 13 months, the metal cleat wore out before the toe, and then they seemed to change to a rubber base that wears like an eraser.

View attachment 15017View attachment 15018View attachment 15019
My DD weighs in about 145 and tends to have a pretty heavy drag foot. What I noticed comparing to your pics here is that the primary wear on her shoe is higher up on the toe. I can't provide a pic of my own since she's off at college. But it looks to me like your DD's wear is more at the seam or joint where the sole of the shoe meets the pitcher's toe, and I'm wondering if the wear pattern is due to an unusual foot drag that's forcing wear in the wrong place. Do you think this is possible? Have you talked to her pitching coach about her foot drag and how it might be affecting her shoes, and of course, her efficiency? I'm actually having kind of a hard time imagining mechanics where the foot would drag so close to the bottom of the shoe.

Apr 28, 2014
Ringors are good for narrow feet. DD has bunions so Ringors are very painful. She wears new balance and I add turf toe. Last just as long as Ringors and much more comfortable

Apr 23, 2014
East Jabib
5041a4bbec271c4c4c6106b04745b878.jpg

Just saw these listed as new cleats on the New Balance website. Can anyone confirm these are the same as those demo’d in Colorado this summer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 28, 2014

Just saw these listed as new cleats on the New Balance website. Can anyone confirm these are the same as those demo’d in Colorado this summer?

Yep, that's it.

Notice the front spikes as well. New design. Molded over a metal cleat.

Apr 23, 2014
East Jabib
Didn’t notice that but I like it. I ordered a pair this morning for my pitcher DD. I hope they hold up!

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate

I like those cleats. They look really good. I would have ordered New Balance cleats since I really like their regular sneakers. But...I ordered Mizuno cleats to try and Ringors for in case I don't like the Mizuno's.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28