Review this drill please.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin

No one wants to make comments on this? I know i am the one that brought it here as a suggestion on another thread. I like it and what it has done for my DD as well as a teammate of hers.

In my opinion it is for the purpose of keeping hands connected and eliminating bat drag. It helps eliminate hands dropping before launch. It forces the the top hand action to keep the barrel from dumping and the barrel head moving. It also helps eliminate spinny swings as it forces extension thru to the ball.

I am a big fan of the drill. IMO this drill causes alot more good things to happen vs other drills that can be overbaked. Seems like it is the Medicus drill for hitting. Swing flaws, swing breaks. Swing good, swing doesn't break.

Aug 20, 2017
It hurts my forearm to grip the bat this way. I just dont think you can rep this drill enough to change any patterns. I think the split grip drill has some merit with teaching posture.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
It hurts my forearm to grip the bat this way. I just dont think you can rep this drill enough to change any patterns. I think the split grip drill has some merit with teaching posture.
Perhaps you are using a top hand 'closed' grip? We use an open hand on the top hand and not a closed grip. The open hand requires alot of the other stuff i mentioned, where as a full grip would not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812