RevFire 2 is available...for real..no joke...like today..now.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 22, 2018
Got mine! It didn't register most times when I spin it at my side, but clocked almost every pitch. RevFire User Manual says "The RevFire 2 must be thrown with a full windup to register a pitch in the RevFire app." My daughter is working now to figure out how to fake out the windup :).

Sep 28, 2015
Got mine! It didn't register most times when I spin it at my side, but clocked almost every pitch. RevFire User Manual says "The RevFire 2 must be thrown with a full windup to register a pitch in the RevFire app." My daughter is working now to figure out how to fake out the windup :).

Thanks for the tip about a full wind up. Snap the ball down with your wrist and then just spin it like usual. It worked every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pocket R

Measure - Train - Improve
Jun 12, 2013
Santa Rosa, CA
I can't understand why a company will only develop an app for IOS. There are a lot of Android only users out there. I own 0 Apple products and have no intention of giving Apple any of my hard earned my cash.

Guess I'll keep using my version 1 RevFire.

Sparky, I understand where you are coming from. I am also a die hard Android user myself. On the other hand as a company working on an App I understand the issue all too well. The Apple version is a much easier task, they control the chip sets and they limit the variations. The Android world is very different, there are so many different variations that all work slightly differently the problem is getting it to work on every different chip set from every different manufacturer and make sure all of the customers are happy with the results takes about ten times as long to develop and test for quality than an Apple device. I am sure that they are working hard on the Android version but it will take a while. At least they are talking about Android. Many of the sports tech companies only release Apple versions and don't ever release an Android App. I think we just need to be a little more patient.

Nov 29, 2009
PR Inc., thanks for the feedback. I can't see how a company would give up developing for such a large segment of the marketplace? But, the bean counters rule the world. If the bean counter says we don't need to then it never happens.

Pocket R

Measure - Train - Improve
Jun 12, 2013
Santa Rosa, CA
PR Inc., thanks for the feedback. I can't see how a company would give up developing for such a large segment of the marketplace? But, the bean counters rule the world. If the bean counter says we don't need to then it never happens.

I would tend to agree with you since there are a lot more Android users in the world then Apple. On the other hand it is incredibly expensive to develop and support an Android App and keep it up to date with every new phone/chipset/operating system change every month. So it really does come down to cost, especially since most people expect Apps to be free or virtually free these days, It is a tough call. I hope that someday the Android people make things a little more consistent so that it isn't such a big problem.

Oct 25, 2009
Since the RevFire 2 Softball is sold out I was wondering if the RevFire Baseball would be useful for softball until more are available?

Apr 28, 2014
My set arrived today! I will be shipping one out to one of the members on here and will post results when DD uses ours.:)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coach101