Repair Bownet Bags

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 9, 2015
Have a couple Bownet bags that seams have opened up at the ends of the bags. Looking for ideas on how to repair (not looking to purchase new bags). Send pics of repairs if you have them.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Bownet, needs to fix the problem. Every bag I've bought the ends get all torn up. I wish they would figure out a way to reinforce the ends.

May 6, 2015
Gorilla tape, used it to repaid the end/bottom of a FH goalkeeper wheelie bag (cheap one, way too much flex, caused bottom to drag on ground), worked great, tough

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
For all nets we purchase we now reinforce with the ends and seams with duct tape when we get them. We don't wait until they get damaged - they all do - no one is gentle with them.

Dec 11, 2010
The extra wide Gorilla tape is pretty spectacular.

Also works well if you have to secure pitching/hitting mats.

I have not used Gorilla Patch And Seal tape but it has added adhesive and will supposedly bond underwater. Maybe use a layer on inside and then the inside, adhesive to adhesive.

If Bownet wants to be regarded as a premium product that people are willing to pay a little more for, the bags need an update.

Mar 28, 2020
Could you tell me what seams separated? I want to reinforce those now before they start to separate

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802