Rehab from injury

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 17, 2019
My dd is coming of a shoulder injury, the dr's really didnt know what it was they did a x-rays, an mri and pt. Eventually they settled on little leaguers shoulder, luckily the COVID 19 helped her and she didnt miss any tournaments. She's had 3 months off no hitting or throwing of any kind, so I want to ease her back in without he re-injuring it. Anyone have any tips how to do this? I'd like to really focus on her overhand throw mechanics at first and not even let her pitch for awhile, maybe until this season is over then pick back up. Are there any videos or sites out there with drills to focus on the proper throwing mechanics, I thinks she started picking up some bad habits and thats what caused her injury.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
Austin Wasserman is the overhand throwing guru, search for him, he probably has a DVD or something. LL shoulder is an overhand issue, she could probably pitch and put less stress on her injury. What does her Orthopedist say, and her physical therapist?

Apr 17, 2019
Austin Wasserman is the overhand throwing guru, search for him, he probably has a DVD or something. LL shoulder is an overhand issue, she could probably pitch and put less stress on her injury. What does her Orthopedist say, and her physical therapist?

Thanks I’ll look him up. We went to the ortho today, he said she is good to go and giving her a rest from pitching till she can be pain free is a good idea. He also suggested doing the thrower 10 exercises to keep strengthening her shoulders.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rathouse