Regressing with practice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
That's it!

I talked to our Tincher instructor about the terms we use on this site. We're basically in agreement on things. I might pull more of my information from this site, but I think she and the experts here would be in agreement on 99% of the mechanics and techniques and such.

As Hillhouse states, no one person invented pitching. People came up with terms and cues and drills and such.

May 2, 2018
Central Virginia
I talked to our Tincher instructor about the terms we use on this site. We're basically in agreement on things. I might pull more of my information from this site, but I think she and the experts here would be in agreement on 99% of the mechanics and techniques and such.

As Hillhouse states, no one person invented pitching. People came up with terms and cues and drills and such.

Now you have me questioning myself but I could of swore that Tincher does not teach bringing the upper arm and elbow into the side/hip and allow the lower arm to brush, but rather they teach to move the elbow through the zone slightly out in front (similar to the forearm fire guy).

Oct 4, 2018
Now you have me questioning myself but I could of swore that Tincher does not teach bringing the upper arm and elbow into the side/hip and allow the lower arm to brush, but rather they teach to move the elbow through the zone slightly out in front (similar to the forearm fire guy).

So there is most definitely contact. No doubt there. But they don't make a big deal about it.

On this site, it's probably a top 3 element of pitching. If Tincher had a list, it would be top 10. If that makes any sense. Perhaps the individual teachers have slightly different takes on it? Our instructor is young -- was pitching in college just a few years ago.

Dec 21, 2012
Too much practice for her age, not enough time with PC. Try to see PC once a week and work during the week to reinforce what PC see in lesson, maybe 4 times a week for 30-40 minutes max (she needs time to recuperate) practicing with overworked or very sore muscle will reinforce bad habits. Just my 2 cents...good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802