Registering as a C Team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 26, 2019
I remember a 12u team in our area that was registered as a C for Usssa.
They "got lucky " and won 3 of their first 4 tournaments that summer, only reason we knew was that they basically purchased highway Billboards to announce their success :)
. Fall comes and they were moved up to B by Usssa. Coaches were furious. They started to face tougher competition and were not ready for it. The parents that is. They went .500 that fall.
A smart person once told me that as a young team a .500 record is exactly what you want.
Many of those kids from that team no longer play softball.
RIP Panthers

I can't say I'd be happy about the fees I paid being used to purchase billboard space. Buy a butt ton of extra balls, talk to the parents and see if it can be used to purchase new equipment for a girl "on scholarship" that might need a new glove or bat or something. :rolleyes:

Apr 28, 2014
I can't say I'd be happy about the fees I paid being used to purchase billboard space. Buy a butt ton of extra balls, talk to the parents and see if it can be used to purchase new equipment for a girl "on scholarship" that might need a new glove or bat or something. :rolleyes:
Straight sarcasm ;)

Apr 26, 2019
Yes. I am aware of them for sure. Maybe i am a cynic but I wouldn't put it past a coach to big up himself by purchasing billboards about his record.

Apr 16, 2013
Around here I see those on FB as: "Phoenix Elite Platinum Diamond Unobtanium Force 12u team seeks a few girls to fill out our roster after a strong start to the season, winning our first 3 (bronze bracket) tournaments. Looking for a bracket pitcher, catcher, MI, and utility player."

Jun 23, 2018
Texas
It's all over all the alphabet orgs in our area. However U trip is the worst. We are 1st yr 12U and started the fall as C team and moved up to B after Christmas break. Just shake our heads every time we see those teams still beating up on C/Rec level teams. We take our lumps playing B and open, but our girls have grown from it and look forward to seeing those trophy hunting "Phoenix Elite Platinum Diamond Unobtanium Force 12u team" when they are forced to play up. We have improved and give the extra effort to kick their butts when the chance comes around to get little revenge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eb7598