Reese Witherspoon film seeks female softball players

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

S

Sports Studio

SEEKING EXPERIENCED FEMALE SOFTBALL PLAYERS, AGES 18- 30!!

Interested softball players must email their softball experience and picture to softball@sportsstudio.net by JUNE 28th, 2009. We will contact you via email by June 29th to let you know if you have been selected to join our try-outs. Tryouts will take place on June 30th and July 1st in the greater Philadelphia area.

SOFTBALL PLAYER REQUIREMENTS

To be eligible for consideration, softball players must have extensive softball experience at a minimum of High School Varsity or Collegiate level. Softball applicants must not be seeking NCAA eligibility through a college program. Please be advised that if you are selected, participation may jeopardize your amateur status. Selected core softball players are expected to be available to attend weekly practices and filming sessions as dictated by the filming schedule, mid-September through mid-October, 2009, in the greater Philadelphia area.

SPORTS COORDINATION: Mark Ellis of Sports Studio will be working with UCLA's own Sue Enquist to evaluate and cast the players for the upcoming movie. Mark Ellis is responsible for the coordination of a number of sports projects, including “The Rookie”, “Invincible”, “Miracle”, “Coach Carter”, “The Longest Yard” and “The Bronx is Burning”. Sue Enquist holds more national championships (11) than anyone in the history of softball. She is UCLA softball's first All-American, National Champion, and Hall of Famer.

Feb 9, 2009
I have a 9yo who looks just like Reese as a kid...and she has an agent...Need anyone for those "child flashback" scenes? This would be cool....

Jun 6, 2009
Was on the set yesterday in DC. Saw Reese Witherspoon and Paul Rudd. Didn,t see Jack Nicholson though. Was pretty cool to watch.

Nov 28, 2009
Softball casting

Hi, my name is Dakota and I am a collegiate level softball player. I am a catcher and I also play 3rd base. I am 14 years old but I play on a college prep softball showcase 18U team in NJ. I travel around the country to play in softball tournaments.

I know that it is past the date for the casting and filming has already begun, but if there is still a need for any extras in this movie, I would really love to be considered. I train 6 days a week and am a very accomplished player and am very dedicated to the sport of softball.

Please contact me.

Thank you, Dakota

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802