Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Recruitment questions. When to tell coaches you are committed?

Vertigo

Jersey Girl
May 27, 2013
Will your DD’s choice school do an academic pre-read over the summer so you will get an idea if she will be accepted? That’s where we are at right now with my dd. Her schools can’t do it without an SAT/ACT score and we are hoping that the June ACT still happens. She has a good ACT score but would like to try a second time for a higher score (possibility of more merit money at some schools, possibility of reach school admittance). Unless my dd has a “likely to be accepted“ letter in hand or is officially accepted next year, she will still keep her options open and will not announce any type of commitment. However, she will give the coaches a good idea of if they are her top choice or not ASAP.

Jun 27, 2018
She got a decent SAT score but she’s planning on taking it again in August (hopefully) to try to get a better score. What is an academic pre-read? I assume like a pre screen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vertigo

Jersey Girl
May 27, 2013
It’s where you submit transcripts and test scores to the coach and she/he will send to admissions. Some admissions offices will send the coach a letter that indicates if the player is likely to get admitted or not based on the current info they received. A lot of the high academic programs do this, especially when the coach doesn’t have much say in admissions decisions.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronaldandmel