Recruiting Out of JUCO

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 22, 2013
I know that Triple Crown offers an unsigned Seniors and Junior College players camp at the Sparkler in Colorado. The list of college coaches that attended in 2019 is not bad.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
... The Kansas U coach saw my DD pitch, but decided on another player. However, the Kansas coach called up her friend at Ohio U. coach and said, "You better grab this kid." My DD looked at the offers, and liked the Ohio U best.
This happens much more than people realize. We often say that the Softball Community is very small. Well the College Softball Coaching Community is tiny. And they talk to each other about the good and bad. Had a 2018 slapper that was recruited by 3 of the best JUCO's in Florida. The 3 coaches had a conversation and discussed which of their programs was a best fit for her. She was smart and went with their recommendation.

Jul 22, 2015
The JUCO coach typically has a vested interest in making sure each player who wants to move to the next level does in order to advertise that fact to their own recruits. The ones I know do at least some of the work to help a kid so they can say 100% of their players who wanted to play at the next level had offers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802