Recruiting Advice: Remember There’s Always Someone Watching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
In the 2001 remake of Ocean’s 11 (not to be confused with the Rat Pack movie from 1960), robbery target Terry Benedict tells Danny Ocean that “In my hotel, someone is always watching.” Parents and softball players would be wise to remember that statement as they go about the business of attempting to get recruited […]

More...

May 21, 2015
South
There is a lot of stuff to cover on this topic. I will start out with a few:

-How does DD respond to adversity (strike out, error, team getting blown out). Pouting, negative body language, questioning umpire are instant red flags to coaches watching.

-Energy level. Sprinting on and off the field, encouraging team mates, and talking on field are all positives that a coach will notice. Watch Sis Bates play and try to duplicate her style.

-Parents. If you make an a$$ of yourself during game, a coach will notice that as well and it will hurt your daughter.

May 14, 2015
Bismarck ND
Coaches are everywhere!! Several D1 coaches I know are actually umpires on the field for travel ball. That way they get up upclose look and feel of the players and the reactions they have. So dont be chewing hind end all the time as a parent either lol. Never know who you are yelling at :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28