Recommendations for a hitting instructor in Houston?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 12, 2018
Any recommendations for a hitting instructor in Houston? My children are 11 and 9. I've taken the 11 year old to a few instructors but they all taught "knob to ball", push swing mechanics so I've been going it alone, mostly using the Tewks ebook and website and Matt Lisle's videos. They're doing OK but we've struggled with a few things and could really use the help of a competent professional. We live in central Houston but would be willing to drive. Thanks!

Jun 22, 2019
Have you called the guy at the bombers? I don’t live in Houston, but know a couple girls that went to play with that team and honestly their hitting improved dramatically. I’ll try to get his name.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Check out Steve Englishbey. He is a friend of mine. Go look at his twitter account to see if you might be interested.

Sep 1, 2014
Check out Steve Englishbey. He is a friend of mine. Go look at his twitter account to see if you might be interested.
Englishbey is excellent - really fixed all that knob to ball and sway in my daughters swing. Highly recommend. He does talk a lot but you can tell he is passionate about hitting and knows what he is talking about he is in sugar land area

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802