Recommendations for 1st Base glove for DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Custom made in the States maybe but not from a factory line in the Philippines. Though my research is limited it just seems logical
The Philippines are making some of THE best ball gloves in the world!

And I was talking about the pattern, not the country of origin! I appreciate your patriotism with your love of your USA made Nokona, but there’s really no comparison between a Nokona and that Horween DCT exclusive!

Feb 7, 2020
The Philippines are making some of THE best ball gloves in the world!

And I was talking about the pattern, not the country of origin! I appreciate your patriotism with your love of your USA made Nokona, but there’s really no comparison between a Nokona and that Horween DCT exclusive!
Thank you we appreciate the info. Ironically we are Canadian but we are enamoured with American made gloves. Maybe it's genetic lol.

Jan 8, 2019
This, the DCT pattern are what all 1B mitts are judged by!

I second this! I just bought this glove for myself last year. It is beautiful and solid!

Watching a little college ball over the last week and saw several DCTs with color variations on the fields.

I would highly recommend this glove if it is in your budget, especially if your DD will continue to play after HS!

Feb 28, 2015
Heatbox
Best bang for your buck IMO is the Rawlings Liberty Advanced 13" 1B glove. I got DD2 this glove 14 months ago for around 119$. It comes 80% broke in. It was getting a little floppy after a year of use so I re-laced the web and it has new life again. It also seems to give an extra inch or 2 of reach compared to girls just using fielders gloves at 1B.

Jan 8, 2019
Best bang for your buck IMO is the Rawlings Liberty Advanced 13" 1B glove. I got DD2 this glove 14 months ago for around 119$. It comes 80% broke in. It was getting a little floppy after a year of use so I re-laced the web and it has new life again. It also seems to give an extra inch or 2 of reach compared to girls just using fielders gloves at 1B.
I liked the LA for 12-14U, but I think for 17U into college ball, that would not last long.

Jun 26, 2021
Some of the best basic first glove brands are: Rawlings, Wilson, Mizuno, Under Armor, Marucci and Easton. They are all the best choices.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018
DD has a rawlings liberty advance she really likes it and it didn't take forever to break in. Good glove for the price

We did this for our 12U daughter as well. Seemed like a nice balance between quality and price. Not the best glove our there, but workin great and was only $150 or so.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28