Recommend a Dad a good fielders glove.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 20, 2019
Well, bought myself a Rawlings np7 from a guy in Tennessee, says it's never been used and stiff as a board, honestly I wouldn't care if it has been used some, looking forward to getting it in my hands! He also threw in a "in his words, beat up" 33 inch Anderson Rocketech for me to use as a coaches bat for infield and outfield. He said it needs a new grip. Not quite threw in, he sold me the bat for $20, couldn't turn that down!

Any idea what the break in will be like on this horween leather? He said it was horween inside and out!
How much did you paid for the horween np7? For breaking it in, YouTube Aso method. Dont steam, microwave your glove. Play lot of catch with your ds.

Dec 17, 2019
How much did you paid for the horween np7? For breaking it in, YouTube Aso method. Dont steam, microwave your glove. Play lot of catch with your ds.
$200.00 and he covered shipping. Curious how shallow it'll play with the I-web? I've read it's a big 12.25 inch glove, we'll see. I could have went with several cheaper choices but I wanted to see what this horween is all about, plus these are limited numbered gloves! I know for sure I'll never wear it out!

Dec 20, 2019
$200.00 and he covered shipping. Curious how shallow it'll play with the I-web? I've read it's a big 12.25 inch glove, we'll see. I could have went with several cheaper choices but I wanted to see what this horween is all about, plus these are limited numbered gloves! I know for sure I'll never wear it out!
If you break it in tip aka two in the pinkie, the pocket will get wide and deep. Could you post some pictures of it when you receive it. Those horween gloves, I believe only 99 are made from softball fans

Dec 17, 2019
If you break it in tip aka two in the pinkie, the pocket will get wide and deep. Could you post some pictures of it when you receive it. Those horween gloves, I believe only 99 are made from softball fans
I'll just have to see what (tip) feels like? I've worn a glove the standard way for as long as I can remember.

Jan 8, 2019
Very nice glove!

Try TIP. All the cool kids are doing it! Seriously, I'm trying it for the first time in my life with a new glove, and can totally see the benefit. Never had even heard of it until a year or so ago!

Dec 17, 2019
Very nice glove!

Try TIP. All the cool kids are doing it! Seriously, I'm trying it for the first time in my life with a new glove, and can totally see the benefit. Never had even heard of it until a year or so ago!

Everything I’ve read about the NP series is they tend to close thumb to middle finger and have a single break at the heel. So it makes more sense to wear it the old way.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m going to try it TIP and see if I like it or not. But the old way, it fits my hand perfectly as is!

There is so much useful, very cool information here, just got to dig!

Dec 17, 2019
Very beautiful horween leather. It looks brand new. Could you post a picture with a 12 inches sb in the pocket. Thx

Here ya go, wish I had a 12.25 inch H-web glove to compare the web width & depth to, I’d imagine a H-web on this glove would probably make a difference? But this isn’t a small glove by any means! Even though it’s a 12.25 baseball glove, it’s going to handle a 12 inch softball no problem!
5348FE74-94AB-4E97-AD61-7CB31C218155.jpeg2C6BEA7F-869F-4438-BA1D-947E75B71F4C.jpeg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45