Recommend a Dad a good fielders glove.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 17, 2019
Looking for something for me, probably around 12.5, don’t like huge gloves. Don’t mind spending a little cash but don’t want to break the bank!

No real brand preference although I do have an older Rawlings that’s been a great glove for years. By searching threads here it looks like a H web is a favorite here.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Just to make things more complicated, also look at baseball outfielder's gloves. They work great for softball, and fit man-size hands.

My personal dad-glove is an Akadema AMR34 that I've been using for 5 years (not a whole lot of action in the past couple of years). If I was buying for myself right now, I would probably go with a Vinci.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2019
Also, probably going to start looking for my daughter a new glove, she's in 12U, thinking about another 11.75 or a 12 inch glove. She's using an older Louisville Slugger Omaha 11.75 baseball glove now, no problems for her without a wrist strap, am I missing out on her not having a wrist strap?

Her current glove is very thick and sturdy, all the fastpitch gloves I've looked at recently are thin and quite honestly they look pretty pathetic! I know she would benefit from a lighter glove but she does great with this heavier Omaha. I've looked, they don't make this Omaha in a 12 inch anymore. So any suggestions?

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Also, probably going to start looking for my daughter a new glove, she's in 12U, thinking about another 11.75 or a 12 inch glove. She's using an older Louisville Slugger Omaha 11.75 baseball glove now, no problems for her without a wrist strap, am I missing out on her not having a wrist strap?

Her current glove is very thick and sturdy, all the fastpitch gloves I've looked at recently are thin and quite honestly they look pretty pathetic! I know she would benefit from a lighter glove but she does great with this heavier Omaha. I've looked, they don't make this Omaha in a 12 inch anymore. So any suggestions?

My DD recently got a Wilson A2000 12" (FP12). This is the model with "superskin" on the back of the fingers. I was not expecting to like this glove, but it changed my mind. It's very well built, and quite light.

Once again, Vinci is also worth looking at.

Personally, I have strong gear-lust feelings for the 2018 A2K 1721, but can't justify the purchase.

Apr 30, 2018

What's your budget for her glove?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ra1449