Recommend A Bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 23, 2013
Chicagoland
Can't go wrong with the LXT.

One rule of thumb I heard was try to get to a drop 10 1st, then add length, but my DD was using a 32-12 Vendetta around that age. She was a tiny thing...

At that age you could go for a drop 11 to get an extra inch!

A lot depends on her swing... Switched my DD to left around 14 yo and 1st thing instructor did was move her from a 32-10 to a 34-10 (she was 5'4" ~ 115 lbs then).

Apr 6, 2017
I think getting to drop 10 is a good idea also then get a feel for
what she likes balance wise. Dd is a solid size 13 yr old. Switched
to Xeno from demarini. Definitely have seen a difference in
performance. Her xeno is bigger and more end loaded although
still pretty balanced. She tested Lxt and demarini and I just liked
what I saw with the xeno.

May 16, 2016
Taller than average? Get a 31" drop 10. Any of the major players will be a good choice. If she is really taller than average, you may even go 32" drop 10. Both of my DDs went 32" -10 pretty soon after moving up to 12u.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Here's the general rules on bats and sizes.
1) With hands at their sides straight down, the bat should reach their wrist.
1A) From the age of 11 until the age of 16 or so, plan on buying at least one new bat a year.
2) You generally want to move them to a -10 bat ASAP. More mass equals more distance.
3) All of this depends on solid swing mechanics.
4) An inch in bat length affects the swing speed just like adding an ounce of weight. So, if you add 2 inches and 2 ounces, you've effectively added 4 ounces of weight if you'd keep the same bat length. Few girls can handle that change unless they have great swing mechanics.
5) That's a huge growth spurt, but again, no matter what bat you choose, it'll depend on her swing mechanics and the comfort/confidence she has in it.
6) If she's a power hitter, go end-load; a contact hitter get an even loaded bat.
7) There's an old saying, " Evenly loaded bats, you have to swing. End-loaded bats swing themselves."
8) Whether you like them or not, the Ghost Advance is not only the hottest bat out there right now, but the most heavily end-loaded composite bat available unless you get into a true Slow-pitch bat which, in most cases, are not sanctioned for FP.

Good Luck in whatever you choose and I hope this helps in some small way.

Apr 26, 2019
Thought I'd piggyback on the OP's post. I have the a similar question.

My daughter just turned 11, plays TB, is 5'3" and weighs about 95lbs. I'm looking to upgrade her bat. She is using a 30 drop 12. I'm considering moving her to a 30 drop 10.

Any thoughts on the '17 Louisville Slugger LXT Hyper or the '19 Louisville Xeno? Another I am looking at is the '18 Anderson Supernova or maybe the Easton Stealth Flex.

Yeah, I'm on a budget and as I expect her to keep growing I can't justify dropping $300+ on a bat for her yet.

Thanks for any and all advice.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Thought I'd piggyback on the OP's post. I have the a similar question.

My daughter just turned 11, plays TB, is 5'3" and weighs about 95lbs. I'm looking to upgrade her bat. She is using a 30 drop 12. I'm considering moving her to a 30 drop 10.

Any thoughts on the '17 Louisville Slugger LXT Hyper or the '19 Louisville Xeno? Another I am looking at is the '18 Anderson Supernova or maybe the Easton Stealth Flex.

Yeah, I'm on a budget and as I expect her to keep growing I can't justify dropping $300+ on a bat for her yet.

Thanks for any and all advice.
Here You go.........

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478