Recommend A Bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 26, 2019
Here You go.........
Thanks!

Mar 15, 2019
California
Thought I'd piggyback on the OP's post. I have the a similar question.

My daughter just turned 11, plays TB, is 5'3" and weighs about 95lbs. I'm looking to upgrade her bat. She is using a 30 drop 12. I'm considering moving her to a 30 drop 10.

Any thoughts on the '17 Louisville Slugger LXT Hyper or the '19 Louisville Xeno? Another I am looking at is the '18 Anderson Supernova or maybe the Easton Stealth Flex.

Yeah, I'm on a budget and as I expect her to keep growing I can't justify dropping $300+ on a bat for her yet.

Thanks for any and all advice.
With her height and weight, I'd recommend the 31" drop 10. In my experience, the attached chart is a good fit once they reach 5' and over. Bat recommendations seem to be an inch too long when under 5'.
If you can find a good deal, the Mizuno Power Carbon or Carbon 1 bats are solid choices (I am selling off my DD's Carbon 1 31/21 here, https://www.discussfastpitch.com/threads/2019-mizuno-carbon-1-31-21.38936/). I'd also recommend either the Rawlings Quatro or Quatro Pro.

Attachments

• bat-chart-300x248.jpg
    bat-chart-300x248.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 46
Apr 26, 2019
With her height and weight, I'd recommend the 31" drop 10. In my experience, the attached chart is a good fit once they reach 5' and over. Bat recommendations seem to be an inch too long when under 5'.
If you can find a good deal, the Mizuno Power Carbon or Carbon 1 bats are solid choices (I am selling off my DD's Carbon 1 31/21 here, https://www.discussfastpitch.com/threads/2019-mizuno-carbon-1-31-21.38936/). I'd also recommend either the Rawlings Quatro or Quatro Pro.
Hey, thanks. I appreciate the chart and size advice. I'll have a look at the bat too. Thanks.

Oct 4, 2018
I’ve got a 10.5 year old, moving up to 12U in the fall. She’s alil taller then an average 10 year old and thicker built and swings a 29in LXT right now. I’m looking at moving up to a 30” or 31”, because I feel like she’s outgrown the 29. The amount of information is overwhelming on the internet and this forum. Just looking for some real world experience from some of you guys.

I’m not a huge fan of the Ghost Advanced honestly. I don’t want to worry about the longevity or number of swings and have seen two crack so far.

Before reading other posts, my DD is the same. Almost 11, bigger than most girls in weight and height. And certainly stronger.

We use a 32 drop 10 Ghost Advanced. She swings it well, and hard. Ground balls are rarely fielded and line drives get to the outfield quickly.

I'm a proponent of getting as heavy as they can handle well. And I'm a huge fan of the Ghost Advanced. We had a 31 drop 11 LXT before this bat. That said, all the top bats are good. Great, even. If you can, get her to a store where she can try several. A store with a machine measuring exit velocity is even better. It confirmed the Ghost Advanced had top numbers along with the look, feel and sound she liked most. It made it an easy decision. It was her decision.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rathouse