Recommend A Bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 22, 2020
I’ve got a 10.5 year old, moving up to 12U in the fall. She’s alil taller then an average 10 year old and thicker built and swings a 29in LXT right now. I’m looking at moving up to a 30” or 31”, because I feel like she’s outgrown the 29. The amount of information is overwhelming on the internet and this forum. Just looking for some real world experience from some of you guys.

I’m not a huge fan of the Ghost Advanced honestly. I don’t want to worry about the longevity or number of swings and have seen two crack so far.

Sep 19, 2018
Personally, I'd error on the side of caution and if there is any doubt, go smaller than bigger. Knowing she will outgrow the 30" within a year, don't worry about longevity because you'll be buying a new one before you know it!!!! You don't have to look very hard to find complaints about any of these high performance bats breaking. I've had and seen good longevity out of Demarini. I know lots here don't love them.

I don't believe that at each price point you are going to find a HUGE difference in performance. It is going to do be more about fit and balance and how it feels in your DD hands. Is there anyway she can go to a place with a cage like DSG? Or perhaps try the other bats her teammates own?

Jul 28, 2019
Going into 12U August of ‘19, my 11yr old had a 30/20 LXT. It was great for the 11 inch balls. Too small for the 12inch balls. Was just not enough weight to move the bigger balls. She is a little taller than your average 11yr old. We went to a 31/21 LXT fall of ‘19 and it was great until the covid stuff started. Coming back the past month now after being stagnant for 3+months, she’s already ready for a 32/22. So yes...she went from a 30/20 in August of ‘19 to a 32/22 now. That age range from 10.5 to 12 their growth is rediculous. I’d say go with a 31/21 right now since she’s bigger for her age. Maybe go used because you’ll probably be buying a new bat by spring of 2021.

edit: Can’t go wrong with LS, LXT in particular. Well balanced. Closest to advertised weight. Good durability. Can find a lot of used ones with lots of life for a decent price.

Apr 28, 2019
What drop is she using 10
I’ve got a 10.5 year old, moving up to 12U in the fall. She’s alil taller then an average 10 year old and thicker built and swings a 29in LXT right now. I’m looking at moving up to a 30” or 31”, because I feel like she’s outgrown the 29. The amount of information is overwhelming on the internet and this forum. Just looking for some real world experience from some of you guys.

I’m not a huge fan of the Ghost Advanced honestly. I don’t want to worry about the longevity or number of swings and have seen two crack so far.

What drop with 29” 10? I would go with another LXT 30” or Demarini CF 30” drop 11. The drop 11 has a bigger barrel than drop 10’s.
In my opinion the LXT & CF series are the best light balanced bats for younger girls developing better bat speed and more strength. BIG sweet spots and more forgiving on mishits than most other bats.

Jan 3, 2014
My DD's 2020 Power Carbon has the word "Detonator" on the side of it I think. Hard to go wrong with that.

Reminds me of All-Stars "you don't bunt if you have a freak".

Whatever you get, buy it from Core. Trust me.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
DD is much older, 5'7 and on the pretty fit side yet she uses a 33/24 LXT. She was one of the few to go yard at the NCSA championship last summer. Point being, don't try to push your kid to a bigger bat before they are really ready for it. Just because she can tattoo the meat ball doesn't mean she can stay alive fouling off outside corner pitches with an extra heavy bat.

Mar 15, 2019
California
Not sure how tall your DD is, but my 11.5 year old stretched to 5'1" a couple months ago and moved up to a 31" length then. She is really loving her 2018 Rawlings Quatro (not Quatro Pro) and 2020 Louisville RXT, both drop 10, as she really drives the ball well with each. If yours has the extra mass, she should be able to handle either bat. Several girls with more mass than my DD (she's only 85 lbs.) swing Xenos very well. I'd also recommend the Mizuno Power Carbon already mentioned. My DD used the Power Carbon in a 30" drop 11 then drop 10 over a combined span of 1.5 years. She switched bat brands only because I found some great deals and I'm always curious to have my DD try different bats.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2015
My DD preferred LXTs until she hit about 14.5 and then switched to a Xeno. She loves the noise the LXT makes - she always said she felt like it made it at least sound like a good hit even if it wasn’t. Ha!

Until last year when she finally grew she was always the smallest girl on the team. She went to a 31/21 at 12. She only used a 32/22 for a short period before moving to a 33/23 right after her first high school season when her varsity coaches told her if she wanted to play big girl ball she needed a big girl bat. Lol! She’s still not a big girl - she’s tallish 5’7” but only 110lbs. But she can hit the gaps well. This last weekend she had 4 triples and 2 in the park homeruns. She loves her sluggers. Demars were too quiet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FPVQ23