Rec Coach Rant

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 1, 2018
My DD (10u) had a heck of a season this year in rec (She plays TB which I am one of the coaches for) and as the season ended it was pretty obvious she was top 2 or arguably 3rd best overall player on the team. Best hitter by far. So coach asks parents to vote for All Stars.
This weekend I get several texts why isn't DD on the All star team, I voted her first.
So the coach put in the All Star votes and put her last on the list. So out of the 4 nomination of which she should have been first ..... she was put last and they took the top 3 out of the 4.
Needless to say I'm trying to tell myself, "it's league softball and doesn't matter" but it is still super irritating that parents of girls who are now All Stars are telling me that my DD had a better season than their DD.
I know, I know.... it's pointless. Still pisses me off that this guy is such an idiot.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Wait til HS ball starts. There's a Jr player in our district who I have coached and am good friends with dad. She hits 7 Hr's(3rd in our district), 33 Rbi's and bats .350 for the season. She only gets Honorable Mention. Whereas another player on her team who only batted and rarely saw the field, hit 4 HR's and is a freshman. She gets 2nd Team All District. Another player on her same team gets 2nd Team All District and only hit 2 Hr's. Needless to say the dad is pissed and I am scratching my head too. Just doesn't make any sense and is pretty disgusting.

May 1, 2018
Wait til HS ball starts. There's a Jr player in our district who I have coached and am good friends with dad. She hits 7 Hr's(3rd in our district), 33 Rbi's and bats .350 for the season. She only gets Honorable Mention. Whereas another player on her team who only batted and rarely saw the field, hit 4 HR's and is a freshman. She gets 2nd Team All District. Another player on her same team gets 2nd Team All District and only hit 2 Hr's. Needless to say the dad is pissed and I am scratching my head too. Just doesn't make any sense and is pretty disgusting.

Can't wait..... just garbage.

It’s not fair I’ve been in your shoes twice already finally quit playing rec ball because of unfair politics. However if you keep telling your dd how proud of her you are. Nothing else will really matter. If everyone knows she was better then just go play ball on tb and not let their negativity bring you and your dd down.

Nov 18, 2013
She’s got a lot of years ahead and many more awards she’ll get screwed out of. Congratulate her teammates and move on. It’s not worth letting it eat away at you. I know, easier said than done, but it’s still great advice :)

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Yes cause I'm that guy.... Actually mostly I want her to feel validated for the work she has put in.

Uh...that is BS.

The only thing a 10YOA kid needs for "validation" is a hug, a kiss and an ice cream cone.

She doesn't need someone else to tell her she is good...she needs *YOU* to tell her she is good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802