Rear leg at heel plant?? Help

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Most elite swing sequences have this micro second of timing between toe touch and heels plant that is the begining of the forward component of the swing. As you have probably heard before that motion starts from the ground up, so as the front heel comes down the back instep should be exerting force to unleash/uncoil your lower half, this is not an exact position the is the same for everyone each hitter varies slightly. I think the negative training might come in when the focus is on a static postion of the back knee being locked at x point, that is the result of dynamic force and is just a moment in time, I'm a huge proponent of stills but they have the downside of people thinking statically instead of dynamically.
Dave Hudgins was the first person I know of that explored this concept of the front heel hitting and the the action of the back foot coming onto the toe with the side roll to tip of the toe. In fact, he called it, "heel - toe." I forget Mudvnine's name on this site but I believe he has met Hudgins and has discussed this action with him.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28