Rawlings Mantra

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 27, 2020
Double barrel tech...hmmm

My problem with Rawlings from day one...absolutely no hype or promotion at all with their bats. They are ready to be sold, and
nobody talks about them because nobody knows
What’s the price on these? Are they already released?

Oct 23, 2013
Chicagoland
DD got one of these yesterday and so far she likes it.

Says it's a lot like the LXT and seems to have more pop. Could be because she just went down from a 34-10 to a 33-9?

Doesn't care too much for color scheme... LOL

Apr 28, 2019
Rawlings makes a good bat. Basically it’s a Worth bat from Fastpitch yesteryear. New tech sure but made in same facility in MN.
Rawlings take a while to break-in and to me have been durable. Not as good pop even when broken-in as Easton & Slugger.
To me more of a solid back-up to game bat and good BP bat to extend life of game bats.
OU, TN swing Rawlings bats. A few other good college programs used to swing them but have switched to other brands.
As an example Penn State was swinging Rawlings for a few years and then switched to Easton for a season or two and now swing Mizuno this season.
Couple of local D-1 colleges in my area are swinging Rawlings. I’m sure it boils down to the money in the end.
If I’m choosing bats I’m going with Wilson. You just have more choices between Slugger/Demarini then any other bat makers. Easton would be my 2nd choice.
My goal would be to satisfy as many hitters as possible and not just tell them we have to use X company bats because they offered us a more lucrative package.
Honestly, I’m asking myself if OU could do better with different bat brand. I would have to say no because at that level the girls can pretty much rake with any of the Big Brand bats.

Jun 29, 2018
Rawlings makes a good bat. Basically it’s a Worth bat from Fastpitch yesteryear. New tech sure but made in same facility in MN.
Rawlings take a while to break-in and to me have been durable. Not as good pop even when broken-in as Easton & Slugger.
To me more of a solid back-up to game bat and good BP bat to extend life of game bats.
OU, TN swing Rawlings bats. A few other good college programs used to swing them but have switched to other brands.
As an example Penn State was swinging Rawlings for a few years and then switched to Easton for a season or two and now swing Mizuno this season.
Couple of local D-1 colleges in my area are swinging Rawlings. I’m sure it boils down to the money in the end.
If I’m choosing bats I’m going with Wilson. You just have more choices between Slugger/Demarini then any other bat makers. Easton would be my 2nd choice.
My goal would be to satisfy as many hitters as possible and not just tell them we have to use X company bats because they offered us a more lucrative package.
Honestly, I’m asking myself if OU could do better with different bat brand. I would have to say no because at that level the girls can pretty much rake with any of the Big Brand bats.

You do realize Rawlings now owns Easton??

Apr 28, 2019
You do realize Rawlings now owns Easton??
Sure do. They may get better in the near future but they are not there yet.
So you have a bat company in Easton that makes great performing bats with durability issues and a bat company in Rawlings that has better durability but less performance.
It will take them a few tries to get it right. The Mantra may be a decent bat but it’s not “that” bat.

May 22, 2015
Illinois
I actually like the looks of the bat lol. Something about it reminds me of old school bats. Closeout bats has a demo video up. It has a pretty good sound. I might look into one if DD’s next Ghost breaks. I’ll keep my eyes open for any reviews. She has been pretty happy with Rawlings bats in the past.

Apr 28, 2019
Yup saw that vi
I actually like the looks of the bat lol. Something about it reminds me of old school bats. Closeout bats has a demo video up. It has a pretty good sound. I might look into one if DD’s next Ghost breaks. I’ll keep my eyes open for any reviews. She has been pretty happy with Rawlings bats in the past.
Yup saw that video as well. There is also a video of OU using the bat. I agree it sounds good.
Colors are similar to 2016 Worth Legit one piece drop 12.5.
I’ve heard so far it’s on the lighter balanced side of the bat spectrum.
It’s also Blast Motion friendly and you can use it with bat in games. Gimmick??? Sounds good to me. Instant feedback is great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802