Rawlings Liberty Advanced

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 29, 2020
I'm looking for a new glove for DD next season. I was ready to go for an A2000 or Heart of the Hide, but DD tried a Rawlings Liberty Advanced and liked the fit better than the others mentioned (she said the others stretched her hand out too much). Does anyone have any experience with the quality of the Liberty line? I assume that at its price, it will be a durable glove, but I'd like to hear if anyone has any first hand knowledge.

Thanks!

Oct 26, 2019
I'm looking for a new glove for DD next season. I was ready to go for an A2000 or Heart of the Hide, but DD tried a Rawlings Liberty Advanced and liked the fit better than the others mentioned (she said the others stretched her hand out too much). Does anyone have any experience with the quality of the Liberty line? I assume that at its price, it will be a durable glove, but I'd like to hear if anyone has any first hand knowledge.

Thanks!
My DD has an 11.75” I-web Liberty Advanced and she likes it. She also has a 12” Marucci and says the Marucci is more comfortable on her hand though.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now

Thanks!

I have used a LA for 3 Years to catch my TB pitchers. Held up well so far. DD has used one the past 2 years of college ball when her CMW3000 finally gave up the ghost and it still looks almost new. I have 2 other catchers I work with that have them. 1 is going on 3 years of TB and HS ball and I think the other is relatively new (less than a year old).

They are comfortable and durable.

May 4, 2020

Thanks!
It’s a good glove. DD has a 13” H-web that she used for pitching & MI. It went floppy after a couple of seasons due to her not keeping a ball inside it when not in use.
She now has a couple of custom Vinci’s 12.75” 1961’s that she really likes.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina

Thanks!
What age, what position, what size glove, what’s your budget?

Nov 15, 2020
My oldest has a LA catchers mitt and finger shift for the field. Both have held up great. She used them for 3 years and now my youngest is using them and has for the last 2 years. I also have about half my team that has them. I feel for the money it is one of the best gloves you can get. They are also really good for girls u10-u14 as they break in really easy but hold up without getting floppy.

May 17, 2017
My DD has been using the LA 34 catchers mitt now for 4 yrs . No issues great glove .Before that she was using the Worth Liberty Advanced that also was a great glove still have it as a back up .. I'm thinking that Rawlings bought out Worth about 5-6 years ago or something like that .

Oct 29, 2020
What age, what position, what size glove, what’s your budget?
DD is 15 and can/does play everywhere. Thinking about a 12" primarily for the infield but it will also be suitable for some outfield play too. I'd like to keep it under $300, but if there is a comfortable, bulletproof glove I could look higher if needed so she gets several years out of it.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
DD is 15 and can/does play everywhere. Thinking about a 12" primarily for the infield but it will also be suitable for some outfield play too. I'd like to keep it under $300, but if there is a comfortable, bulletproof glove I could look higher if needed so she gets several years out of it.
With that budget, I’d join SoftballFans.com and have Chad order you / her a custom 12” NP6 out of Tan Jtan leather off of the Rawlings builder and call it a day!

The difference between this and a Liberty Advanced isn’t even worth talking about!

Edit......meant to add, a custom NP6 with a H-web, that web is much better suited for infield and outfield together.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802